Sunday, November 30, 2008

Football Season 2008

Football season hasn't quite been the same since I left college. Since my time at BYU, I've made it to a few away games: Notre Dame, Boston College, and the University of Utah. Every year during my BYU days, I would gather with friends at early hours of the morning, to get in line for a season sports pass. I always looked forward to opening game at LaVell Edwards Stadium. Students were back from the summer, ready for a new semester to begin. I cannot adequately express the excitement I felt as I entered the stadium for the first time of a season. Almost spiritual. I attended BYU in the days of Luke Staley, Brandon Doman, Reno Mahe, and Matt Payne. My freshman year the cougars went undefeated in our home stadium! It was such a great year. I love winning. I remember charging the field when we beat the U. Such a glorious day. BYU dominated Utah in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Since the 21st century, the Utes and the Cougars have battled back and forth to win the holy war. Unfortunately, this year ended with a U win. I woke up the morning of the 22nd with butterflies in my stomach. A group of us headed to a local pub to watch the holy war this year. It was wonderful to watch with friends, even though some are U FANS!!! Adi, Lisa, and I made a bet on the game. I regret to post the following video:


I can only hope next year's game will end differently. I suppose I will keep this one as a friend, even though he's a U fan.

The group at Crystal City Pub.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Good post...however, I would just like to point out that you somehow skipped over the first 50 or so years of history where the U dominated BYU...just a little reminder. ;) So...would you rather live in a house w/ 50 cats that you had to take care of for at least 10 years or see the U beat BYU for 10 consecutive years?

MishMyBelle said...

I would take the cats. I would make them live outside and fend for themselves. Some may call this inhumane.

Lesley said...

Funny video!!! Too bad the Cougs couldn't pull it off! GRRRR!!!I would have to agree with you on the cats. Definetly the cats over the Utes!

Adam said...

Thanks for keeping me! I love that picture. It shows the dominance of the U football team over the Y. Me taller and tougher. You a little laughing and not serious about the game just like Max Hall. Of course the Y has a better looking team just like you are better looking than me. But Michele, beauty don't win no games. I tell you Lavell needs to come out of retirement.