Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Country Road, Take me Home!"

Over Valentine's Day, and President's Day weekend I went with a group of friends to West Virginia!  I recognize I am a little behind with this post.  It was so nice to get away, and spend time with friends.   Meet the group:

and our lovely cabin....

Over the weekend, I found a new hobby: Horseshoeing.  We split up in pairs, and had ourselves a double elimination tournament.  Team MichAdam showed a strong performance.  Unfortunately, not good enough to keep up with Reed & Grayden.  

We went hiking, played some football, learned how to properly hold a gun with sticks...

The boys cooked up some delicious salmon...by far the best meal of the weekend!

Somebody has good taste in flowers!! Aren't these tulips beautiful?!?
Participated in a poetry slam...you can never go wrong with Meatloaf! 
Played some rather competitive rounds of catch phrase!  Definitely a Michele favorite. 

I can't forget the heart-shaped pancakes on Valentine's Day.  After a few attempts, we produced the perfect heart-shaped pancake.   

Thank you Amber & Andy for planning a Wild & Wonderful weekend in West Virginia!! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh so cute! LOVE IT!

Lisa said...

That post was definetly worth the wait! It looks like you guys had a great time. Awesome photos!

cindee said...

great pics! team michadam? i think i prefer team michdam! it has a much better sound.

Lesley said...

Yeah! I've been waiting...! Looks like you guys had a great time. Your cabin was nice and I am so glad that you learned how to properly hold a gun with sticks. The salmon looked yummy and the tulips-beautiful! Happy Valentines Day to you!

The Fantastic Four said...

Hey Michele...it's Jenn, Adam's sister!! I thought I'd admit that I stalk your blog every now and then only because my brother never updates his. Looks like a fun trip and love the pics. Go Michadam!! =)