Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Bidi Bidi Bom Bom"

My love for the Spanish language originated in high school with Senora Sanchz y barr. One of my favorite projects in this class was when my friend and I made a Spanish music video to Selena's, "Bidi Bidi Bom Bom". Our outfits were right up there with Selena's--jeweled hats, sparkles, and pleather pants.

I studied the language for three years in high school, but we all know that doesn't mean too much. One of my biggest regrets was not pursuing the language in college. So when my friend Lisa asked if I would be interested in taking a conversational Spanish class, I jumped at the opportunity. On the first day of class we received our syllabus. One of our assignments was a cultural project. We had all of these grand ideas to have a fiesta, bring our friend's in that served mission in spanish-speaking countries, make a movie/music video. Unfortunately our enthusiasm dwindled as time went on. However, we did learn to make some yummy espanol dishes: Tartas de manzana (creamy apple tart), and tres leches cake. It was a hit. We were a hit. We are a hit! Basically our professora loved us. She told us we went above and beyond her expectations for this culture project. Luz and I were proud students. Here we are with our yummy spanish desserts.


Here we are with Professora on the last day of class! Please note: a). our certificates of completion (we didn't just pass, but we received a P+!!), the laminated notebooks in our hands, with spanish advertisements, actors, just like the good ole days! Thank you Chelsea. My Zac Efron folder was also a hit :)
Adios amigos!! Me Encanta Espanol!

2 comments:

Julie said...

You are so cute! I would love to take a Spanish conversation class! And of course your teacher loved you! It was fun talking to you the other day, it always makes my day!

Kristen said...

If it makes you feel better, I minored in espanol and have since used it casi nunca.

But the desserts look fantastic!

xoxo