Saturday, January 28, 2012

Talk'n Derby

Have any of you ever seen the hit movie, Whip It? The movie takes place in Austin, TX where young Bliss discovers a roller derby team. Her mother wants her participating in beauty pageants, while her passion lies in the rink. Before watching this movie I had no idea what roller derby was, and that it was even a real sport. I am here to tell you it exists and DC has their very own league--The DC Roller Girls! A year or so ago Chelsea thought it would be fun to start our own team. Unfortunately our Stormin' Mormon team never formed. One exciting aspect of the roller derby subculture is the chance to pick an alter ego stage name:

a. sharp shootah (it's also my go to bowling name)
b. brunette bombshell
c. Sporty Splice
AND MY FAVORITE for you Bach fans:
d. Michele $$$







Soooooo what will your derby name be?!? See you on the rink!

3 comments:

chelsea said...

A. Cannot believe you are blogging again!!
B. Cannot believe you went to the roller derby--don't you really wish they would have had room in the league for us. We totally would have kicked.
C. Miss you!

MishMyBelle said...

Chels! I miss you too. I know it is a shocker that I am blogging again. I forgot how much I enjoy documenting the non-personal moments of my life. It is fun to look back on old posts. Here's to my attempt at online journaling...we'll see how long I last! xoxo

nici said...

nuh uh. can i join?