Sunday, October 21, 2012

Seize the Day

This past weekend I had the opportunity to meet up with some friends in NYC.  I love this city.  Absolutely LOVE it.  It is most definitely one of my favorite cities to visit.  I love that I live a bus ride away.  Melissa was visiting this weekend, which made it a perfect weekend for a nyc girls reunion.  I got to spend some quality time with Bryndee, Kristan and Mel.  We did what we do best in New York: eat, shows, shop, explore/walk the city so that we can eat some more.  

My weekend kicked off with this lovely lady and some yummy Mexican food.  We ended up walking through the village, dreaming of our future brownstone on Perry Street.  We could be Sarah Jessica Parker's neighbor!  We conveniently walked past Magnolia's Bakery, which of course meant we needed to stop by and get a cupcake.  Definitely a wise decision.  It was great catching up with Bryndee and hearing all about her life in NYC.  She is one great lady!



Saturday we got lucky and won lottery tickets to this great show:


The show was very creative and well written, although I've decided I am more a musical fan than a play fan.  Nonetheless, definitely a hilarious show worth going to.  Other highlights of the trip included seeing this pretty lady!  We got tickets to see Newsies Saturday night and I couldn't wipe that smile off my face.  I LOVED it.  I loved the dancing, the music, and set--I want to go again.




I can't forget to mention that we stopped at Shake Shack before I left the city.  Nothing like ending my trip with  a good burger, fries, and chocolate shake!  Kristan and Bryndee were great hosts.  I can't wait for their visit to DC :)



Until next month NYC...the Mickelsen clan is getting excited to spend Thanksgiving with you! 

3 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so glad you had a such a great weekend! We also loved Newsies and I'm glad to know that we are not the only ones who can't say no to cupcakes :)

Kristan said...

I loved seeing you!!! Come back :)

Unknown said...

you are one of beutifull lady that i hv ever seen <3.