Monday, September 8, 2008

beach withdrawal

Over Labor Day weekend, I went to Delaware with a couple of friends, Kyle and Peter. We drove to Hockessin, Delaware for the weekend, and stayed with Kyle's aunt and uncle. It was a nice, relaxing weekend. We spent Saturday playing basketball, swimming in their pool, and listening to the BYU football game on the radio. I loved not having to do anything this weekend. I slept in the basement, in a room with no windows, and a california king bed. It was wonderful. So wonderful that the first morning I rolled out of bed at 9:45a.m. to find Kyle and Peter on the couch watching t.v. They proceeded to tell me they had been up since 7:30a.m. They had to deal with the sun and lots of windows, and I slept like a baby! Monday morning we drove to Rehoboth Beach. BUT...First, we stopped at the outlets, which turned out to be a successful stop. It can be a different experience shopping with boys. They were good sports, and allowed me to spend some time in my two favorite stores, banana and jcrew. The best part was when I called Melissa to find out Sarah, Melissa and Chelsea were all in the dressing room at the same store! Of course we had to show each other our potential purchases, so we all piled in to one dressing room. After a while, I received a text from the boys, wondering if I needed a hand with anything. Oops...I guess I lost track of time! Anyway, we had fun at the outlets, then finally went to the beach for a few hours. The only time I thought to take pictures was the day I didn't shower, and had been in the sun all day.



1 comment:

Julie said...

I love it--you and two guys, you know how to work it!