Saturday, March 20, 2010

My New Home


In February I moved to a new house, about a mile away from my old place. I am finally posting pics of the place as I promised. My new home is great, and I am enjoying all the space! Meet the roommates: Allison, Chelsea, Melissa, & I. Here we are anxiously awaiting for guests to arrive to our housewarming party. I've never seen our house look so clean!
What greater way to celebrate the move, then a house warming party with a candy bar!



Here we have the sitting room/library. Melissa found these great chairs on craigslist, and made our pretty, purple pillows. Nice work Mel.


Chels had great plans for the library, as it is organized by topic: religion, fiction, chick lit, fantasy, dating/relationships, travel, politics, children's, etc. We are a very educated group :)
The day the snow storm started, all of my roommates and I got out of work early. Most people rushed home to comforts of their warm and cozy homes, or to the grocery store to stock up on food for the weekend. Not us. We went shopping. We couldn't go an entire weekend without a few "necessary" items: a flat screen tv, media console, and of course clock for the library.



This room is the Jungle/Safari room. It is still a work in progress. It's nice to have additional living space downstairs, as well as upstairs (for all those men we will be having stop by!!).

The gym. Yep, that's right, we have a gym. No excuse for me not to be in shape for my Mt. Hood hike. The sad thing is, I have yet to use this baby. The owner of the place felt it was a hassle to move it, so we gladly offered to keep it around.
One of the best things about this house is the fact that I have a closet. I know that may seem strange to many of you, but in my last house I had a make shift closet, with tension rods that would collapse every month. Look at all that space!!!!!!
And here we have my bedroom. Pretty much looks the same as it did in my last place. When you move, you want to buy all new things, and re-decorate everything!! I can't tell you how many times I've been to Ross, TJ-Maxx, Pier 1, and World Market in the last month. Unfortunately no funds to do that now, so this will have to suffice. I am happy with how it turned out!

And there you have it. My new home.

13 comments:

Carie said...

I LOVE IT!! I can't believe how much space you have!

I might just have to venture to the East coast soon... :)

Miss you!

Lisa said...

The new place looks great! Your room really came together! Can't wait to see it in person!

nerak said...

Um, do you live in a mansion now, or what? I can't keep track of all the rooms! Nice! Well, I'll have to come see it soon!

MishMyBelle said...

YES YOU WILL!!!

chelsea said...

I "heart" our house!

Kristen said...

Congrats on the awesome new place! And when are hiking Mt. Hood? I'd love to see you when you're out here!

Mamamia said...

Your house is darling!!! You have so much furniture! And I love the gold chairs. Their shape is great! Jeff is mortified you put that corny march madness on your blog. I think he secretly loves it. Anyway, your bedroom looks great and roomy. I guess you have room for a family visit!

Patricia said...

I love seeing your guys' house! Like Lisa, I can't wait to see it in person!

Liz Maxfield said...

What a super cute party! I love your new house! It's huge. Lucky girl! Hope you're doing well! Miss you!

Kiersten said...

Wow. Your house is amazing! It looks like so much fun. You girls are good interior designers, too!

Julie said...

Your house is SO cute! You guys are such cute little decorators! I need a lesson. So fun to talk to you today! We'll have to talk again soon! Love ya!

Angie said...

Michele, I love your new house and your themed rooms!! It is super cute and practical! That gym looks like a start! Having my own gym at home too, it is a nice convenience but not always the most motivating place to workout, unless you can crank some music! :) Love you and excited for your new move!

Meredith said...

cute place! i aspire to having a house as cute as yours someday.