Friday, February 23, 2007

Do I really live here?


Last night my friend Kristan and I were crossing the street, when a huge, cat size rat darted in front of us. My immediate reaction was to cling to my friend and squeal. If any of you are familiar with my reaction to birds, it was much like that! Not too long ago I was doing laundry in my dreaded basement, when I spotted a rat out of the corner of my eye. This isn't funny. I really started freaking out. Of course, the elevator was at the top floor, so it felt like ages before it arrived to the basement. I thought I was going to start crying. Rats are much different than mice. I kid you not, when I say I have seen rats the size of small animals. My souper is supposed to be fixing the problem in our basement, but you can only imagine my fear to go down there! The rat infestation does not end here. Read about dozens of rats found scampering around a KFC/Taco Bell in Greenwich Village. I sometimes ask myself, "Do I really live here?"

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/24hour/nation/story/3560402p-12793151c.html

5 comments:

Lesley said...

That is disgusting! I would seriously die! I hate mice, so I cannot even imagine seeing a rat the size of a small cat dart out in front of me! I hate how they are so fast and you never know where they scampered off to, and they are just very unclean, gross, scary rodents to me and I am really sorry about having to go down in your basement to do your laundry. Only a few more months of that!

D-dawg said...

that is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually had a small mice run at me across my kitchen floor. I'm so happy we have a cat now to stop that sort of thing. So sorry about the rats in the basement... I would never go down there alone. You don't go alone anyway right?

janellelee said...

DISGUSTING!
MICHELLE, I THINK I WOULD DIE WITH RATS! sorry, but i have strong feelings about rodents!!!!! and that sounds totally AWFUL!
i too have had mice in my house, and i literally wanted to light a match and walk out with my kids.
YOU KNOW THEY ARE IN YOUR BUILDING...LOOK OUT!!!!

janellelee said...

sorry, that was a bit ominous:)

angie said...

Oh Michele! I am so sorry! That is so gross- rats can be huge! With their long sick tail- plus when I think of rats I think disease! Remind me to tell you the story of when we had mice 2 weeks after I brought the twins home from the hospital and some died in the heating vents and we woke up one morning inhaling dead animal!