Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

I enjoy Valentine's Day. I loved making valentine's as a kid! I loved classroom parties, creating mailboxes for all of the kids to drop their valentine in. I loved decorating sugar cookies with my mom. I loved the suspense...wondering if I was going to get a val-o-gram or rose delivered. I remember my school would have everyone fill out a survey about themselves and on valentine's day you could buy your compatibility scores, otherwise known as datamatch! My most embarrassing Valentine's Day experience occurred in the fourth grade. I walked into class and there was a box of chocolates on my desk with a note. To: Michele From: Cam, I love you.
I was horrified. I didn't know how to respond to this. Fourth graders don't receive chocolate. I came home crying (extremely overreacting) in desperate need for some motherly advice. My mom of course, told me I should do the polite thing by calling him and thanking him. Well, I don't think I've received a box of chocolate since the fourth grade. What can a girl do?! I didn't do anything too special for Valentine's this year...but I did find a heart cake pan! I managed to do a little baking on my day off....



2 comments:

angie said...

Kameron got a big box of chocolates from this boy who is in love with her...Luis. All week he's been telling everyone that he got her something special but not to tell her. Kam did the polite thing too and said "thanks"- she cried about the whole situation a few months ago though!

Lesley said...

I vaguely remember that 4th grade experience! How funny! Now right?! Anyway, cute cakes! They turned our really cute and look really yummy! How was your movie?!