Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Land that I love!

This weekend was a great escape from the New York City life! I thoroughly enjoyed relaxing and just hanging out with an old BYU friend. This trip also confirmed that DC is where I want to live after graduation. It was fun to walk the streets of Old Town, and remember the days I spent there as an intern. One night we drove into the city, and I got to see the good ole' Barlow Center. Ahhh such good memories! Highlights of the weekend include:

- walking the streets of Old Town
- the picturesque view of the city, with the Potomac completely covered in ice
- dinner with Elder and Sister Sheppard (From Concord, CA, they had many kind words to say about the Blodgett Crew!!)
-Driving through Georgetown, and reflecting on all the late night shopping sprees, jazz clubs, and fine dining I did as a Barlow student.
- Brunch with some old and new friends
- taking a Sunday afternoon nap in Amber's love sac
- Sleeping in a queen size bed

Anyway, much thanks to my good friend Amber, for a fun weekend in DC!!





Here are some fun pics from when I lived in DC last!



5 comments:

angie said...

I love the pics!

D-dawg said...

Wayland Sheppard??? He was the vice principal at our high school... I was his TA. Is that who you are talking about? Why were you eating with them? Anyway, it looks like fun. I have been to DC only once and really enjoyed it. Someday I would love to go back.

Lesley said...

Looks and sounds like a fun time Michele! I like the pictures and I am really excited for you to live in DC. It will be a fun experience!

MishMyBelle said...

Yes Denae, Wayland Sheppard. They are serving a mission in the DC area, and are over the BYU students living in the Barlow Center. I really LOVED the both of them. They were so funny!

Liz said...

How fun! I miss you guys!