Sunday, April 20, 2008

I love visitors!

This week one of my favorite people in the world came to visit me, my sister Lesley! I find the months of February and March to drag somewhat, so I gladly welcomed the change of pace. I didn't have to work on Wednesday because it was DC Emancipation Day (one perk of working for DC government, and I will take it!) Then I took the day off of work on Friday to play with Lesley! Friday morning we got what every girl needs at the start of spring: a manicure and pedicure!

We spent the rest of the day touring around DC. Lesley was a good sport. It probably wasn't the best idea to make a woman 7 month's pregnant, walk all over the bloody city! However, it was clear skies and sunshine all day long. I think she loved an escape from the rain in Seattle. I haven't been back to some of the sites since I interned a few years ago. We hit the National Archives, the White House, and of course found ourselves in Georgetown the rest of the evening. Why does Anthropolgie have to be so dang expensive?? Hands down the cutest store. I accidentally purchased a new pair of pants...on sale of course! Lesley found an adorable spring dress that looks gorgeous on her. Fun times, fun times!




The next day we headed to Annapolis, MD. What a great little place to visit. We walked along the old brick sidewalks and enjoyed a day of window shopping, ice cream, and men in uniform. Annapolis is the home of the United States Naval Academy. The scenery, and homes were delightful. Two thumbs up for Annapolis!




Later that evening we took a walk around the Lincoln Memorial, and World War II Memorial, two of my favorite places in DC. I especially enjoying walking around the monuments at night. It has the potential to be a fun, romantic stroll outside...maybe someday :) I am grateful for the memorials, and what they stand for. I am reminded of how blessed we are as a nation. I am also reminded that I must always remember and pay tribute to those who paved the way for me to enjoy the freedoms I have today.



It is never easy for me to say goodbye! I love my family, especially when they come and visit me! Thank you Lesley for a wonderful weekend! And I can't wait to see the rest of you soon...right?! Press forward with those DC planning meetings! Brian, make it happen!

Thanks Jared and Haley for sharing your wife and mommy! I can't wait to see you both this summer. I think this little one will be pretty happy to be reunited with mommy! Although I am told she had quite the party with dad: zoo, park, Ihop, Target...doesn't get much better than that! Look it her in her Michigan get up! Too precious.

12 comments:

Lesley said...

I had the best weekend! Thanks so much for all the fun. There is nothing like a weekend of sightseeing, shopping, eating, pedicures, and relaxing with your sister!!! Best!!! Wish I could come more often! Can't wait to see you in July!

Lisa said...

Looks like you had so much fun! And I am loving the new hair! I can't wait to see your new G-Town purchase...purchases. ;)

D-dawg said...

Thank you for the pictures of pregnant Les! I've been dying to see what she looks like but she won't share. It looks like you guys had a fab. weekend together. What a blast!

Kristen said...

Sisters are for sure the best..

:)

cindee said...

fun times! i'm glad you had fun--and it was fun to meet your sister who looks like me!

angie said...

That is so awesome that Les visited you! Pete wants to go to DC and see all the sites- we will have to someday- hope you are still there when we make it there!

Kristie said...

Hey Michele! Jill helped me create a blogspot...yeah me. Just wanted to make sure it was okay that I added a link to your blog on my page ;) Jill's going to add one too! Hope all is well, looks like you had fun with your sister!

~Kristie

Julie said...

That looks like so much fun! Sisters are the greatest! I didn't know she was pregnant either, how exciting! Girl or boy?

Lisa said...

Um...hello...can you please update your blog! I mean seriously! You would think you lived in the dark ages and didn't have the internet at home...oh wait...we don't!

Lesley said...

Seriously, get the fat, pregnant lady off the front of your blog!!!! You're killing me! :)

Meredith said...

michele, your sister seems SO cool! every time you post about her, i would like to meet her. she kind of reminds me of my sister leslie! ha! anyway, life looks so fun for you out there. i would love to get lucky enough to visit some time (my brother lives in arlington, so maaaaybe...) also, your sister hardly looks pregnant for being 7 months along!

Lisa said...

You keep teasing me with a new blog post! When is it going to happen??? I guess if your Archie boy won AI you would acutally have something to blog about. ;)