Tuesday, October 7, 2008

GC and Life

Random thoughts this week...

1. I loved General Conference weekend. I was sad it ended so quickly. I came away with renewed motivation to do a little better, and try a little harder. I loved the messages of hope and prayer. I loved how individual and inspired the messages were. I am grateful for opportunities to feel the Spirit in my life. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God. For my non-lds blog readers, you can learn more about General Conference, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints here.
And how about 5 new temples?! That is definitely something to get excited about. Hopefully I will still be around to attend the Philadelphia, PA temple dedication. I still remember the conference session when President Hinckley announced there would be a temple somewhere in the Tri-Cities area of the state of Washington! Such a good moment!

I was missing the fam this weekend. They were all together visiting my grandparents; stalking my brother on his date :) Brian, you are a good sport! Final thought on General Conference: My friends and I decided if we played General Conference Bingo this year we would add the word: Lehonti (He was mentioned quite a few times!) Overall, a wonderful weekend spent with friends (the next best to my family)!

2. I hate being a girl sometimes. Guys, don't even try to empathize.

3. I am sick of the elections. Can it please be November 4th already?

4. I wish I had Direct tv to watch my FNL friends. I am especially missing Coach Taylor and Matt Saracen.

5. Did anyone see this movie? I went with a few friends Saturday night, and really enjoyed it! I found myself getting a little choked up at the end...you should go see it.



That's all for now!

2 comments:

nerak said...

I cheered when they announced the temple in Calgary! And honey, how did TIm Riggins not make the list of FNL characters you were missing?!

Adam said...

Mich,

Good thoughts on conference. I like how you share your testimony through your blog. I've wanted to and haven't quite been sure how. My Deutsche family reads it so I want to be direct but subtle and show how the gospel blesses my life. Of course I also want to show evidences of God in my life without being self righteous... Well done!

I've noticed your testimony of BYU football seems to be waivering a little. Maybe it is time to open the playbook again and really study and ponder it? I understand how hard it can be to believe Michele. I know you missed the game last week. It's alright though. One week is alright. We all need vacations. I understand your dilema. Bronco is inspired, I'm sure. I want you to try to thrust your sickle back in... Maybe quite going to Navy games and looking for a new team. That is seomthing you might want to consider. I realy think you can get the feeling back in time for Nov 22nd.

PS: Last time I loooked the U was still undefeated!!

Ad