Saturday, June 6, 2009

"It never rains in southern California"

This past weekend I escaped the office, and rainstorms, and headed to San Diego, CA to attend a conference for work.  It was beautiful!  Thank you DC government!  The conference itself was pretty interesting.  The conference focused on how to better prepare our youth in the Child Welfare system, for adulthood, and have them experience a more successful transition from care.  Meet the group:


Here we are at our hotel.  I loved staying in the Gas Lamp district of SD.  It was a fun night life, and there are plenty of good restaurants.  SD knows how to do seafood right!  
Site seeing in Old Town SD.  

Their public transportation system is so much smaller than what we have in DC.  I became quite fond of the trolley rides!

My final day there was well spent at Pacific Beach...

AND...A trolley ride out to San Ysidro, the last stop in SD before the border. Here you see the Mexican flag waving in the city of Tijuana and the fence that divides the US from Mexico.
The highlight of my trip had to be meeting up with my middle school bff
It was so great to see you Kristen!  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AH!!! SO JEALOUS! I'm so glad DC gov is helping a girl out :)

NatAttack said...

OH you lucky duck! The weather looks gorgeous and you're looking GREAT as well!

Put Boston on your list of places to visit already!

Kristen said...

Soooo great to see you too! I wish we'd have taken a picture!! Maybe we'll rendezvous in DC soon. ;)