Sunday, July 29, 2012

#27 Beach day at Rehoboth

If I had to choose my absolute favorite way to spend a Saturday, a beach day at Rehoboth would be right up there.  Since I've lived in DC, I've made it an annual tradition to go to Rehoboth at least once each summer.  Thus, it made my 30 before 30 list (or really 30 things I want to do in my 29th year).   Rehoboth beach is located a couple of hours north of DC in Delaware.  Our beach group included my good friend, Shandi, Brian & Katie and some of their friends.  We left around 6:30am, to maximize our beach time.  Per the usual, we stopped at Sonic for breakfast and vanilla cokes on our way there (visit #1).  After a day on the beach, Shandi and I decided to hit up the Tanger Outlets in Rehoboth.  This is another reason that makes this trip so great, a little shopping at J Crew and Banana.  I came away with a couple of "back to school" necessities.  

After a little shopping, Shandi and I went to Outback for dinner.  The unfortunate part of this meal was when Shandi found an open staple in her sweet potato.  Yep, you read that right.  Luckily she didn't swallow it.  Both of our meals were complimentary.  Seriously, how does a staple get into a potato?!  

We headed back to DC that evening with of course, another Sonic run (trip # 2).  More vanilla coke were needed.  After we got our drinks we decided ice cream was needed.  This time, I decided to go through the drive thru, which made this my 3rd transaction at Sonic in 12 hours.  Kind of ridiculous.  We don't have Sonic in DC, and you just can't get a fountain drink like they make em' at Sonic.  

WHAT A FUN DAY!


Shandi & Michele in our beach gear

I made Brian do a photo shoot with me on the beach.  He was not pleased. 

The heavens parted when we went to Sonic for the THIRD time.  

Two very happy girls. 



2 comments:

Erika said...

So jealous of your awesome day! Love your new swim suite!

Kristan said...

I miss Sonic. And you of course! Sounds like a great day!