Saturday, July 21, 2012

#28 "I'm Sailing!"

For my 29th birthday a kind boy took me sailing on the Chesapeake Bay in Annapolis, MD.  This has been on my wish list of things to do since I've moved to the area!  We decided to make it a day of all things Annapolis...unfortunately we didn't run into James Franco or Tyrese while there.  We did however, get the opportunity to tour the US Naval Academy. 





The funny thing about this day was it was another 100+ degree day, but that didn't stop us from spending the entire afternoon and evening in Annapolis.  After our US Naval Academy tour we stopped for ice cream cones and did a little window shopping.

At 6:30pm we boarded our boat for a two-hour sail around the Chesapeake.  It was great to be out on the water and I even got to steer the boat for a bit!  I kind of felt like Bill Murray on, "What About Bob," when he screams, "I'm Sailing!!  I sail!"  Yes, I in fact can now say that I've sailed.







We finished our day like true Marylanders, hush-puppies, and 10 medium-sized crabs at Cantler's Riverside Inn.  We worked for every piece of crab meat we ate, and managed to devour all 10 crabs.  Thanks Matt for a fun day in Annapolis! 

2 comments:

chelsea said...

I am loving these list items!! I am jealous you went sailing--looks like so much fun:) Any chance you will be sailing across the pond?

Julie said...

What a fun day! I knew right what you were talking about when I read your title, such a classic!