Monday, January 22, 2007

"Ooh heaven is a place on earth!"

Saturday was a good day. I love my Saturday's in the city. I usually take the opportunity to sleep in, occasionally we'll do brunch with some friends, and most always go shopping. We did some shopping at Union Square on Saturday hitting up the costume shops, in search for the perfect 80's prom dress. Yes, you heard right. This Saturday I will be sporting my favorite era, at "The Awesome 80's Prom, an interactive off-broadway show. Check it out: http://www.entertainment-link.com/other-theater/off-broadway/unique-theater/the-awesome-80s-prom.asp


After a cold day, wandering around Union Square, discouraged to have not found the perfect dress, we (myself, Mel and Karen) found a little piece of heaven. I discovered Max Brenner: Chocolate by the Bald Man. Ladies, all you chocolate lovers, this place is for you. I really felt like I was in the movie, "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory." It is true that few legal substances exert as strong a pull as chocolate. I was one of the " slightly dazed and practically drooling" customers in this fine restaurant on Saturday evening. To top off my delicious meal and dessert (yes we got both) my Israeli waiter was gorgeous! Icing on the cake. I am told there may be some correlations between chocolate and well, other things. Maybe my waiter wasn't really all that attractive. Perhaps I indulged in a little too much chocolate. I really had a perm-a-grin when I finished my meal. What a good evening! Lesley get excited for this one!

4 comments:

D-dawg said...

oooooohhhhhh sounds delicious!!! I want to go to NYC.

Lesley said...

Oh Baby! Am I excited or what!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! PARTY!!!!vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvxcn x (Haley says hi! She is obviously helping me type!)

Lesley said...

Please take lots and lots of pictures of your 80s prom night! I want to hear all about it! It sounds like fun!

nerak said...

And what was the most delicious thing in the restaurant last week? :)