Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fall Fun!

This last week I have kept busy participating in some great fall activities! Last Saturday Lisa and I took a trip up to Great Falls, VA. It had been raining all week, and finally the sun came out on Saturday. It was a beautiful drive. The leaves were vibrant reds, yellows, oranges, and greens. It is amazing to me how a place so beautiful is right outside the district. We did some hiking and exploring around the park. We both agreed it would be a romantic spot to take a special someone :) As much as I love you Lisa...you are not the one!


Next fall activity involved a potluck dinner, with delicious soup cooked in the pumpkin, and delicious holiday treats. My roommates and I were in charge of desserts, so we decided to be festive and make candy corn sugar cookies, and spiderweb cupcakes. Lisa gets all the credit for creativity. But wait...the night got even better! We ventured outside for a little pumpkin bowling action, and apple bobbing. It was my first attempt at apple bobbing. I wasn't as successful as I hoped, but in the end, triumph! Once you know the tricks, you are sure to get an apple!

Next up was the annual high heel drag race in Dupont Circle. And quite the experience it was! Each year more than a 100 drag queens dress up and parade around, and near the end participate in the high heel race. Hilarious! My favorite was Princess Diana and The Fanta Girls. And we had to stop Miss Utah for a picture. Interesting night...one of those things I can check off my list! Princess Diana with her bodyguards Finally, what better place to attend a "World Politicians Party" than in DC. My outfit was suppose to represent Jackie O. Kennedy, and most people got it...minus my one guy friend who asked if I was Nancy Reagan. I figured the glasses, pearls, and ratted hair looked more Jackie O. style. The halloween fun ended by watching Disturbia. Poor Sarah probably has marks on her wrists as I clung to her throughout the entire movie! I had to drive home by myself at 1am! Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

So much fun! I love that first picture of you! It is so pretty around there this time of year! WOW! Your cookies and cupcakes looked great-way to go! I loved your Jackie O. costume! Looked great! Fun 2007 Halloween!

Tracy and Odie said...

you are darling. excited to see you tonight!

D-dawg said...

Michele, you guys always have so much fun. The drag queens scare me though! I don't know if I could've attended that function!

Kristen said...

Let me just state the obvious:

You are so much hotter than ALL the drag-queens in your post. :)