Sunday, March 16, 2008

2008 March Madness Bracketology Tournament (Rules & Regulations)

Enjoy the nerdiness of my family. This an email I received from my 14-year-old sister today:

Dearest Siblings and fellow opponents of the 2008 MARCH MADNESS BRACKETOLOGY TOURNAMENT:

As elected co-presidents of the MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE we are pleased to announce your invitation to the tournament. This year we are fortunate to have President Brent R. Mickelsen sponsoring the 1st and 2nd place winners with $100; $50 prizes. The following is a list of rules formed by the MMBT Committee that you must abide by if you wish to accept your invitation.

1. You must fill out 2 brackets and fax them to Julie Mickelsen's Office by noon on Wednesday, March 19th.
The following is her fax number: (509) XXX-XXXX

2. Please fill out the winner of Mount St. Mary's and Coppin St. That game is included.

3. Please print your name at the top right hand corner of your bracket. (Your first will be called your name #1, your
second: your name #2) Please make your names legible for the scoring committee to read. If not it will be
shredded.

4. Above is an attachment of the scoring rubric. Take a gander.

5. Please do not notify Elder Stephen Mickelsen of the Tournament.

6. These rules are already voted on and our official. If you have any questions please contact
Lauren: (509) 586-XXXX or Jeff Mickeslen: (509) 591-XXXX.


VIOLATIONS

**Please note that no exceptions to these rules listed above are tolerated. If you disagree then it looks like your out of the running for the $100. Also, no cheating is permitted. No profanity is allowed. Lets keep it clean.



Good luck to all participants. Let the Madness begin!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS AWESOME BABY, ITS AWESOME!!!


Sincerely,

Lauren Mickelsen (Secretary of the MMBT)
Jeff Mickelsen (Co- President of the MMBT)

15 comments:

Lisa said...

That is intense! I will be rooting you on and hoping you win the $100 prize! Go team Michele!

nerak said...

Hilarious! We watched the BYU v. UNLV game this weekend, which was a total bummer, but let me tell you, it got me all riled up for March Madness. LOVE COLLEGE BBALL. Good luck with your bracket, honey.

MishMyBelle said...

I know...i do NOT like the rebel's point guard. He's OUT OF CONTROL. I was so annoyed with the cougars on Saturday night. Let's just hope they can beat Texas A&M!!

Lesley said...

Oh, I love Lauren and Jeff!!!! They are intense! May the best sibiling/sibling in-law win!!!! Bring it on kiss!!!

MishMyBelle said...

Apparently you can win 1st and second place...i am going for the $150.00 sweep! Go big or go home!

Julie said...

I love it so much! Let March Madness Begin!

Lesley said...

Oh...you and Brian!!!! You two just need to get with it and get married and you can have the same advantage! :) WHOO-HOO!!!

Matt said...

I don't see anything nerdy about that at all. I think all families should give the tournament the respect it deserves.

Lauren said...

okay michele, i'm 15 thank you very much. and, i won last year.
mom did horrible last year, but i will have to admit that she usually does pretty well.

so are you ready to get dominated?

like i said before, let the madness begin! love you mitch!

MishMyBelle said...

my bad lauren! I forgot you won the tournament last year...way to make us proud :) You bet I am ready to dominate!

p.s. Way to win your golf tournament!! I am very impressed!

Lauren said...

it's okay mitch!
do you like how i got this little thing so i can comment your blogs now?

and oh, thank you! mom just loves to tell everyone!

Meredith said...

oh my heck michele! this is awesome. i wish i were in your family. i hope you win!!!

MishMyBelle said...

Lauren,

do not refer to me as Mitch please!

MishMyBelle said...

Lauren,

do not refer to me as Mitch please!

Lisa said...

Okay! So who won the Mickelson family bracket tournament!?!?!?!? I am dying to know.