Thursday, June 19, 2008

You know you are getting old WHEN...

You get really excited to iron, after purchasing your first ironing board. The last couple of nights, I've been an ironing fool. Do we think the excitement will fade? Mom, you'd be so proud.


My next big purchase was a vacuum! I am 24 years old and own a vacuum. Even more than ironing, I love to have clean carpet! I officially am a nerd for getting so much pleasure from these two new purchases. I am my mother's daughter. Happy cleaning!

9 comments:

Kristan said...

Okay, I have always loved ironing. I don't do it often, but there is just something soothing about it . . . nerd, I know. And I kind of love my vacuum too - not that I use it, but I love it.

nerak said...

I'm NOT on the ironing OR vacuuming train. But good for you! I admire your skills.

Unknown said...

i love how excited you look in your pictures--a modern betty!

Lisa said...

You are amazing! I love that you love these two tasks so much! And ps...thanks for making these adult purchases...I appreciate a good ironing board and vacuum as well.

Kristen said...

A working vacuum is a lovely thing. Ours broke as we were trying to clean our apartment before we moved so we were on our hands and knees with our little dirt devil! Not fun. As for ironing, I am resigned to wrinkled clothes... :)

Julie said...

I love it Michele. I never can get excited about ironing, I rarely do it( which I am sure you remember!) but I do love to vaccuum!

Joseph said...

Congratulations. Vacuum lines on clean carpet satisfy like cool drinks on the beach (or something really satisfying).

nici said...

I have a vivid memory of you with a vacuum. Wait, that's creepy.

Meredith said...

michele, you are too funny! i like to vacuum to, but ironing is right up there with sweeping as most hated chores. plus, i'm bad at ironing dress shirts.