Monday, March 9, 2009

This past weekend was a first for my Honda and I.  We drove together to NYC for Mel's bridal shower.  I tell you, it definitely beats taking the bus!  Thanks to some dear fAlign Leftriends in Brooklyn, we avoided Manhattan parking fees and traffic!  

It was so great to catch up with Melissa and Nat!  Almost a holla house reunion...I even brought season 1 of the holla house, just in case!  We met for brunch in the village,  at a yummy place called, blue ribbon bakery.  I couldn't get enough of the bread!  Two of my girlfriends from graduate school also attended the bridal shower.  I love going back to NYC, seeing my girls, and walking the city streets.  I get giddy everytime.  

Holly, Bryndee, Me, Nat


Saturday night, Adam and I went up 70 stories, to view the city from the Top of the Rock.  It was fun to learn more about John D. Rockefeller, and how Rockefeller plaza came to be.  It was a beautiful view of the city!  You can see the Empire State Building in the back of this picture.  
What would a trip to NYC be without a picture in Time Square?!?

One of Adam's good friends was so kind to let us stay with them for the weekend.  Sunday afternoon we all participated in a blind chocolate tasting test.  We made Adam wear a blindfold to ensure the results were pure, and non-biased.  Included in the testing were the following brands of chocolate: Lindt, Symphony, Droste, Perugina, Hershey, Ghirardelli, and Milka.  The first round of tasting was simply to get a tast of the variety of chocolates placed before us.  During the second round, we taste tested our favorites, to clarify our rank order.  The purpose of this taste testing, was to see what chocolate we enjoyed best, without knowing what brand of chocolate it was.  My results: 

1. Lindt
2. Sypmony bar with toffee/almonds
3. Milka
4. Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate
5. Hershey Milk Chocolate
6. Droste
7. Perugina

I kind of loved this test for several reasons: a. it was an excuse to eat chocolate.  b. it was fun to learn my favorite kinds of chocolate.  c.  it cracked me up at how seriously we took the test! d. As I write this post, I can see that Adam is rubbing off on me...really, an entire 2 paragraphs dedicated to chocolate????? :)

5 comments:

Adam said...

You make me so proud!!! My rank order was:
A. Lindt Milk
B. Gihrradelli Milk(a Lindt brand)
C. Milka
D. Droste
E. Symphony
F. Perugina
H. ... A Cardboard Box
G. Hershey's(not choco by EU rules)
Let's try it on "The Girls"...

nerak said...

Wish I could've been there for the girls reunion, love you gals!

smartchelsea said...

I am so glad you're back!! A chocolate contest, seriously?? When can we do it;)

Unknown said...

oh em gee! i just had a blind chocolate taste test with my supper club friends. so on the same wave length!

Angie said...

Michele,
I love that you had a chocolate taste testing party. That is right up my alley. You look SO good and like you are loving life. Love you and miss you my belle!