Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Mickelsen Ladies Go To Washington

Last weekend my mom, and two sisters came to visit from Washington state. I anticipated this visit for quite some time! The weekend was great--full of shopping, site seeing, eating, walking, touring, girl talk, sleepovers, and rain. Honestly, we could have done without the rain. I loved, loved, loved spending the weekend with my favorite girls.

Here we are in Georgetown, perfecting the credit card swipe. Kidding. Dad you would have been impressed with our frugality.

One of my greatest memories of our girls weekend, was pillow talk at night. Mom and Lesley shared the bed, and Lauren and I on the air mattress. We rarely fell asleep before 1am the entire weekend.
Here we are checking out the First Ladies exhibit at the American History Museum. The First Ladies inauguration dresses were gorgeous!

Lauren and I give Abe a visit. Definitely one of my favorite monuments in the District.

And a visit to the White House...

Enjoying the night life in Georgetown...
Their first full day in the city, was indeed a full day. We started out at the National Archives, ate lunch at Union Square, toured the Supreme Court, Capitol, Library of Congress, then visited the Natural History Museum, took a short break for some hot chocolate at Adam's, and then off to Georgetown for shopping. While they were here we also visited the Holocaust Museum, Mt. Vernon, Arlington Cemetery, National Cathedral, and the DC Temple. Thinking about all we accomplished in the four days they were here kind of makes me laugh, and very tired.

Here we are posing in front of the Capitol.

Thanks for coming to see me! Lauren, I am glad you got to witness a two-story McDonalds :) Know that your always welcome back!! Start saving for girls weekend 2010.

7 comments:

Adi said...

Oh such a blast! It was great having them in town! I hope they had a great time! :)

Julie said...

So fun! I am glad you guys had a good time!

Lesley said...

Thanks for a wonderful time Michele! It was so much fun! I wish we could do this more often. Thanks for your bed, food, car, company, EVERYTHING!!!!! I miss you already! Love ya!

Janelle said...

How fun to be able to show them around your town! I love the fun girl time you always seem to have together.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! How are ya?

Lisa said...

I still can't believe how much you guys saw and did...seriously! I am glad your fam could come visit, it was so fun having them stay with us!

Teri said...

What terrific pictures, and even better memories! I hope to have a girls weekend someday...when we get one more girl!