Monday, April 13, 2009

Let's Hear it for the Bells!



A couple of weekends ago, I had the opportunity to go to Utah for Melissa's wedding.  Melissa and I have been friends now for quite some time.  The frienship started at BYU, taking social work classes together.  We then headed to DC in 2005, to work at the National Council for Adoption.  Not only did we share the same bedroom, and internship, but we soon found that we shared many similar interests: the gospel, social work, traveling, shopping, eating, working out, music, and even prank phone calls.  After our Barlow Center days, we headed back to the land of Zion for our BYU graduation, and a move to Salt Lake City.  It was then, I was introduced to these great girls: Krista, Nici, and Natalie.  

Our year in Salt Lake is full of many great memories, including: Cancun Trip, Moab Trips, Harrison Cabin, Sugar House Park, Susana B-r-o-w-n-e and sometimes y, Blue Plate, dance parties, karaoke nights, and late night chats!  After a great year in SLC, Melissa and I were not quite ready to part.  We then headed to NYC to begin graduate studies in Social Work.  It was there we met these great girls: Kellie, Karen & Kristan.  Our year in NYC was also full of many great memories: FNL, Deluxe Diner, Isabella's, Broadway Shows, Central Park, Grey's Anatomy on the air mattress, hauling our purchased window air conditioners 10 blocks, because we were too poor to hail a taxi.  



It was in NYC, that Melissa met this wonderful boy:

From that time on, I knew something was different about this relationship.  Davis & Mel are great for eachother, and I couldn't be more happy for the two of them!  Does a bride get more beautiful than this?!


I moved to DC after graduation, and it was sad to leave this girl.  Thankfully she stayed in New York, and we made periodic weekend trips to visit each other.  Mel is definitely one of a kind.  I wish Mel & Davis the best of luck!  So glad I could celebrate this special day with her! 






2 comments:

Julie said...

You look so cute in that last picture. I am glad you had a good time in Utah! Next time you come, I would really love to see you! I miss you! My sister at BYU was telling me the other day how they had a dance party with all these glow sticks and how people kept coming up--it made me want to have a random dance party like we used to!

Lesley said...

Fun trip! Glad you were able to spend some time with grandma and grandpa and brian. You do look really cute in these pictures. I love you headband! :) Melissa does look gorgous! I love her dress.