Monday, April 13, 2009

Grandparents & General Conference

Also while visiting Utah, I got to hang out with my brother, Brian, and my grandparents.  What a treat!  Brian and I headed to SLC Saturday afternoon to attend General Conference at the Conference Center.  It had been a while since I was last there.  I love conference.  I always feel motivated, and recommitted to try a little harder in my efforts to live the gospel of Jesus Christ, and strengthen my relationship with the Savior.  I feel a great sense of hope, and optimism after listening to the messages relayed by our living prophets and apostles.  It is always nice to spend some one-on-one time with my brother, Brian.  Brian was a freshman my senior year at BYU. We hit some of our old hot spots including, a j-dawg, and Cafe Rio!   

I am also very grateful for the time spent with my grandma and grandpa Mickelsen.  What neat people they are.  I love them so much! Grandpa is still in the rehabilitation center.  It was difficult for me to see him there.  It was nice to keep grandma company.  There are many qualities in my grandma mickelsen, that I hope to acquire someday.  At her age, she is still driving, laughing, and making the most of life.  Grandma is also very involved with family histories.  She has put many books together of our ancestors over the years.  I am amazed at the time, and hard work she's spent compiling all the life history books for her children and grandchildren.  It is something I hope to get involved with, in the near future. Thank you grandma for taking the time to go through your books, and teaching me about your grandmother!  
Brian & Grandpa
The four of us eating at the dining hall, and watching the Jazz game!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Actually you are just looking really good. Woo Woo (whistle)

nerak said...

Oh man, I'm so jealous you got a J-Dawg. Jealous, jealous, jealous. Why are they never open when I try to go??