Sunday, April 19, 2009

Done & Done!

My friend Erika and I trained for the Charlottesville, VA Half Marathon. Saturday was our big race! What a perfect day to run 13.1 miles :) The weather was beautiful, the run through the countryside was gorgeous, and we finished our race without stopping! We both were a little nervous when we learned this course was rated one of the steepest courses. It was difficult to train during the winter, but I am so glad we did. It was definitely worth it.

Here we are before the race...6:30am and looking our finest!


Our Cheerleaders! They were troopers to drop us off so early!


Ready for the race to begin!

We did it! We survived the hills!!

p.s. I LOVE CHARLOTTESVILLE!!!!!!! What an adorable city!
p.s.s. I will not be running a marathon...EVER!!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations! I am so proud of you both. I love the before and after pictures...you look amazing!

angie said...

How awesome! Congrats to both of you and great job!!

Adam said...

And to think I got to be part of history. Just another proof that Cougars Don't Cut Corners! Well done Michele. I'm proud!

swell maggot! :)

Lesley said...

Yeah for Smesh! Good job!!! I am so proud of you. I wish I could have been there to cheer you on! It was great to talk to you today! I love you lots and cannot wait to see you in June!

Adi said...

I am still in awe that you accomplished this! Well done! :)

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness! You're a warrior! Way to go!

Kristen said...

Did you know my sister lives in Charlottesville? She loves it too :) Way to go on running 13 LONG miles!

Marianne said...

I am so proud of you and jealous at the same time! I am sort of training for the Wasatch Back race that is a 180-mi. 12-man relay race from Logan to Park City that I'm doing in June with Andrew's fam. I'm a little worried, but glad to hear that I'm not the only one out running! Way to go--you are an inspiration to me!!

cindee said...

i just saw erika's blog post and got serious dejavu when i saw yours. congrats!

nerak said...

Haha, I sooooo know what you mean when you say you'll never run a full. I'm with you there. But congrats, I'm impressed you did it again!

Kristie said...

Congrats Michele! Although I do have to say I'm a little disappointed in your comment about not running a full, ever...I think you should give it a try!

Meredith said...

i agree with the marathon thing! i ran one and i'm pretty sure it was my last. i love half marathons, they are the perfect distance to me.