Monday, October 22, 2007

A Day At the Races!


This weekend I had the opportunity to attend my first horse race. Spectators gathered at Great Meadow near The Plains, Virginia, to celebrate the 70th running of the International Gold Cup Races. My good friends hooked us up with tickets in a private tent. The horses would race right past our tent. I really don't think we could have had a better view of the races. It was a beautiful fall day, and I loved every minute of it! We conversed with the other guests in the tent over lunch and fun finger foods. The best part was getting all dressed up in our sweater vests, polo's, pearls, argyle, and hats. Such an east coast event! The website recommended a few ideas as far as the dress code:

A few of us decided to walk around the event, and scope out the scene. We found a fun tent full of beautiful, expensive hats. We spent a while there trying on different hats and posing for multiple cameras. Even a media man stopped to take our picture. We are convinced that we be on the next cover issue of Horse & Hound.

We also meandered over to the horse stables.



The Group Shot

This picture kind of cracks me up. As you can imagine, there were many photographers, and this picture captures every single person looking in a different direction. Classic. This moment was definitely one of those, how did I get here?! moments. I am definitely living up my east coast experience.

11 comments:

NatAttack said...

I can't believe you actually went to a HORSE RACE! That's fantastic!

I love the random EC experiences we're all having... we should write a book one of these days...

Alissa said...

michelle! i am SO jealous! i've always wanted to go to a horse race ever since i saw my fair lady. why didn't i do it when i lived back there???

Lesley said...

fun fun!!! What an experience! I loved the hats! Glad you had a good time and good seats!

Ani B said...

love it...as always! what preppy girls you guys are! I think you should wear a hat like that to church!!

kez said...

Oh my goodness...that looks like SO much fun!! Love the hats.

janellelee said...

wow michele so high class! i would love to go!

Lisa said...

Love the hat, love the shoes, love it all!

angie said...

That is so fun Michele! I have never been to a horse race. It would be neat i think. I love how you all kind of dressed up, just like the old movies!

maWeesa said...

did somebody get a new preppy outfit for the occasion? looks like fun times!

nici said...

Confirmed - looove the preppy look on you.

nerak said...

I wish big hats were in style. They look like fun.