Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Who You Gonna Call?"

It is that time of year again. The time to rack your brain and try and come up with a creative costume. I love going to parties and seeing what people come up with. I just read where my cousin Chad, and his wife Julie won best costume at their Halloween Party! Got to love this scene from Nacho Libre!


Here are some costume ideas my friends thought of:
Beverly Hillbillies
Vampire family (werewolves too in keeping with the current book craze)
Clue Board game characters
Blue Man Group
Henry VIII and 6 wives
Alvin & The Chipmunks

AND THE WINNER was....GHOSTBUSTERS!! That's right. Who you gonna Call?! Don't worry, we had plenty of pick-up lines ready for this costume. We headed out to the Pratt, Foldger Farm in Maryland. It was quite the party. The best part of the evening is when they played our song, "Ghostbusters!" We kind of felt like celebrities. People were taking pictures of us as we danced, and wanted in on the ghostbuster fun! Fun times. Of course we had a photo shoot, to capture how great our costumes were!

Erika and I went and got makeovers at the Mall beforehand. Fun, dark, make-up is a must on Halloween. It is the only time of year to have an excuse to go a little crazy. I was feeling a little silly walking around the Mall with these black eyes.

The coveralls only came in extra large...just a little big for Melissa.

I ain't afraid of no ghost!

My friends Patricia and Amy decided to be Pirates! Don't they look great?!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

There's something strange, in the neighborhood, who ya gonna call, GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOO!!! I love the costumes Michele and the makeup! Sounds like a fun party. I too, saw the pic of Chad and Julie on their blog and loved it! They were good. How fun that you felt like a celebrity when they played your song! I bet you were going wild! :) Happy Halloween!

Lisa said...

I now feel much safer knowing that there is a real life ghostbuster living in my house!

nerak said...

There were ghostbusters at our stake halloween party who won the costume competition. Sounds like a popular idea! Love the eye makeup. I still haven't mastered the idea of a CUTE halloween costume like other girls are so good at!

nici said...

Love the costume. Happy halloween!

Kiersten said...

Happy Halloween! You guys look awesome!