Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Hey Cookie, Not You Dog Biscuit!"

Why does vacation have to go by so quickly?! I spent the last week in Washington state, with my dear family! Good times had by all. I flew into Seattle, where the entire crew greeted me at the airport. The next day we played in Seattle, and by play, I mean shopped the Nordstrom Half Yearly sale! I accidentally made a couple of purchases :)

Next we drove to k-town, and took Haley with us! Lauren and I got to play mom for a few days. It was so nice to NOT be working. I went swimming several times, brushed up my wake boarding skills, went to dinner with the fam, and just enjoyed spending time with my siblings and parents. I decided I definitely want to own a boat when I have a family someday. I seriously LOVE being on the water.

Lastly, we headed up to Hayden Lake, Idaho for a Blodgett family reunion. This included 27 grandchildren, and 17 great grandchildren. It was fun to visit with aunts, uncles, and cousins that I hadn't seen in quite some time. All family members were in attendance minus the two on missions, and one cousin who just started a new job. We missed you Devin! I am reminded of how important family is to me. It was nice to get away from work, the social scene, and remember what life really is all about; family! I miss grandpa blodgett. I am grateful for grandma and grandpa and the legacy they've left for their children and grandchildren. It was fun to reminisce childhood memories with my cousins and grandparents. Grandpa Blodgett was a party animal. He was always passing out candy, and playing with his grandchildren. One adjective that accurately describes the Blodgett family, is competitive. All in good fun, of course! Consequently, we engaged in the typical blodgett reunion activities: bowling, Olympic races, and the infamous talent show. The nights ended with some competitive rounds of mafia. A big thanks goes out to my cousin Janelle, who organized the reunion, and made it such a good memory for all of us!




5 comments:

Adi said...

Oh it looksl ike you had so much fun! I can't wait to hear more about it in person! ;)

Julie said...

That looks like a great time! Glad you had fun! Are you going to Washington for the BYU game? We are going so if you do, we can meet up!

janellelee said...

thanks for coming! i love your fam! one of my favorite moments was when haley was dancing for your family song. omg! can she be any cuter! i got some of her moves on video! what a funny pic. of your dad!!!

D-dawg said...

Michele, it was such a blast to be together. These are great pics! I hope you've had a good week getting back into the swing of life. Can't wait for next time!

Lesley said...

Great pics! I love the one of dad! Fun times at the Blodgett reunion! Wish we could go back in time and re-live it again!