Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Most Dramatic Ending EVER

Some of you may know of my obsession with the bachelorette. And some may know my I like ANY excuse to throw a party. You mix my two obsessions together, and you get something like this:

Four lovely hostesses

Our guests dressed for the night


A song written by one of our very own bachelors:


To the tune: Pride (In the name of Love) by U2

----------------------------------------

Two men come in the name of love

Two men come with gifts

Two men meet with Daddy Pappas

Only one man will live

Chorus 1:

In the Name of Love

What more in the name of Love

In the Name of Love

What more in the name of Love

Jessie ‘s a punk, just a little boy

Jason ‘s a man with a kid

Jessie gives “nugs” to show his love

Jason shares it with a kiss

Chorus 2:

A girl in love

What more than a girl in love

She’s totally confused

So what else is new J

DeAnna once had a broken heart

Brad, the %#!, dumped her big

Now she talks about him every show

Can’t she please let him go!!!

Chorus 3:

In the name of Love

Confuse them in the name of love

Break their hearts

Do it in the name of love

(In speak-sing with the drum beat in the background)

Early evening, July 7th

A CRY rings out, in the DC sky.

On one knee, Jason takes the knife

THE GIRLS ALL SCREAM AND SIGH!!! (drum roll)

Chorus 4:

In the name of Love

Jessie and DeAnna in love

In the name of love

She lives and she’s in love

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh…

The push-up competition (and the winner is Kevin, with 200 push-ups!!)


A mantle display of our bachelors

Our bachelors, of course


Our reactions: shock, disgust, bitterness, surprise, what have you.

The bachelorettes

Greek food including baklavash, made by our very own Adi. And don't worry...DeAnna made sure to bring by some golf balls for everyone. Thanks to everyone who indulged in our cheesiness!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I must admit, I have quite mixed feelings about the ending. What a fun party!! I totally love the song.

nerak said...

Ok, and I thought I was hard core about this show! You win the prize. Love your reaction photo!!

Kristen said...

I didn't even watch this season and was still surprised when she picked Jessie. No accounting for taste, I guess...

Lesley said...

I too was quite surprised by the outcome! Looks like a good time and I love the song! That's great! Fun times!

Julie said...

You are so funny! I wish I had been there. I was shocked too. I really hope Jason is the next Bachelor.

Kristen said...

K, no for real, I can NOT believe she chose Jesse. I mean, he's adorable.. but come on! Jason is....... PERFECT. In fact, I'm on the next flight to Seattle.