Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Proud to be an American

Happy 4th of July! Yes, I recognize this post is coming a little late. The 4th has always been a FAVORITE holiday of mine. I love the music, fireworks, and sense of Pride and gratitude I feel for living in such a wonderful country. This year I headed to Harper's Ferry with some friends. I am such a happy camper, when the stay is only one night! We set up our campsite, sat around the fire, cooked some tin foil dinners, ate yummy banana boats, played a round of t or d (truth or dare), sang patriotic songs, and roasted marshmallows. Good times had by all.

The Girls
Sarah doing a dramatic interpretation of Yankee Doodle.
Adi, Me, and Cindee perform, "Proud to Be an American" please note the Red, White, Blue outfits.
So Patriotic!

Nothing beats celebrating Independence Day at the Nation's Capitol. This year, I was fortunate to attend Lisa's work party again. Perfect seats, hassle free, and food. Sounds pretty perfect to me.



3 comments:

Lesley said...

Fun 4th of July!!! I, too, love this holiday. Camping looked fun too-love the red, white and blue outfits!!! I have actually been wanting to go camping overnight lately-the smores, hotdogs, being outside-it all sounds fun to me. Not this summer though. Can't wait to see you!!! So SOON!!! Yahoo!

Ani B said...

ohhhhhh, how fun! We need to plan a camping adventure together...one night only of course!

Unknown said...

oh totally hot. love fourth of july and choreographed, patriotic dances!