Thursday, July 17, 2008

"Runaway"

I am sitting on my bed right now choosing to blog, rather than pack. I leave tomorrow to give the fam a visit in Washington. To say I am excited is a bit of an understatement. I haven't been home since Christmas, so it will be good to spend some time with the Mickelsen bunch. I will also be going to a family reunion while I am home. All of my cousins, aunts and uncles will be attending except the missionaries, and one cousin whose wife just had a baby. When the Blodgett crew gets together, it can get a little crazy. My grandpa Blodgett was the type that was always the life of the party. Since his passing, we as a family make sure his wild/fun-loving traditions carry on. I don't know what your family reunions are like, but inevitably we always have a talent show. I was talking to my mom and sister the other day to see what we came up with for a talent. Past family talents have included, leading the BYU fight song, singing So Long, Farewell from the Sound of Music, with Brian flitting and floating just like Louisa. As you can see, we are an extremely talented family. I am told we will be performing a number by the Traveling Wilburys. This doesn't surprise me at all. Those of you who know my family, understand our deep love and obsession with Tom Petty. The Traveling Wilburys were a group consisting of some of the greatest musicians of all time: George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Rob Orbison, and Jeff Lynne. All I can say, is that i am grateful for siblings that can actually play the guitar, and piano...so we at least have some real talent. I am confident the vocals will be a flop. My mom gave me the option of being a back-up dancer. Thanks, mom. Should be a good time.

4 comments:

Marguerite said...

hi michele,
it's marguerite...it's been awhile. I just happened across your blog while I was just searching to see if I knew any of the people linked together. looks like you're having fun in dc. we have a blog too, thepaganofam.blogspot.com...say hi
we have a little boy and he's 7 months now. so much fun
love you
marg

Kristen said...

Enjoy your time! How exciting to see everyone :)

Unknown said...

oh mish we will miss you! it is going to be a fantastic weekend!

Adi said...

Hope you are having fun with the fam. Cindee and I are longing for your return!