Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Family Time!

Why is it that every time I visit with my family, I come home rejuvenated, and determined to be a little better.  Family time is seriously the best!  I went to Utah this past weekend to attend the funeral services of my grandpa Mickelsen.  All but two grandchildren (my brother, Stephen serving in Taiwan, and the other Stephen in New Zealand) were able to attend.  It was so great to visit with my extended and immediate family.  My coworkers asked me how the services were, and how I was doing.  I went on to describe how wonderful and fun it was to be with all of my family.  Although funerals can be sad, and a time to mourn the ones we love, it is also a time of gratitude, and family togetherness.  I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Plan of Redemption.  It provides us with so much peace and hope!  

This picture has to be one of my favorites.  Aren't they adorable?!

Don't worry, in true Mickelsen fashion, we gathered at Chuck-A-Rama to honor our dear Father/Grandfather.  The great grand kids were loving it!  I have to admit, it wasn't as bad as I remembered.  It was Chuck-A-Rama, Golden Coral, or the Sizzler.  Take your pick :)

I love this picture of my grandparents.  Married in the Manti Temple in June 27, 1946.
My two handsome brothers, Brian & Jeffrey.  Of course, the most handsome is in Taiwan :) 

Friday night the four of us siblings stayed at a hotel.  I love late nights with your siblings.  Everything is always so much funnier :) 

We didn't even plan the semi matching outfits.  We must be sisters.  And yes, we love our flower clips.
My cousin Cara!  One summer Cara and I met up at BYU basketball camp.  Cara and her husband Kyle came to visit in NYC when I was in grad school.  Cara, it was so great to visit with you and your adorable family! 
Michael, Brian, Me, Linda
The Mickelsen Family at the Cemetery in Spanish Fork, UT

Thank you family for a wonderful visit and the support you are to me!  

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It sounds like a wonderful celebration of family and of the legacy your grandparents started. I am so glad you were able to go. And, who doesn't love a little Chuck-A-Rama every once in awhile!

Lesley said...

Loved all the pictures! Glad we were all (minus the Stephens) able to go and be together. Grandpa will be missed. Good to see you. Love the picture of you at Chuck a rama. You look really pretty! Love that you got a picture at Chuck-a-rama! Wouldn't be the same if we went to Utah without a stop at good ole Chuck-a-rama!