Monday, May 11, 2009

I heart Howie

Today I had the day off of work.  I love my work schedule.  I get every other Monday off, because I work 9 hour days.  Seriously, it was one of the best decisions I made to get an alternative work schedule.  I am sure you are all thinking how nice it would be to have a day off to schedule medical/dental appointments, grocery shopping, run errands, go to the gym at less busy time of the day, etc., etc.  Typically, I would agree, and try to get all my errands complete on my Monday off.  That wasn't so much the case today.  I am currently wearing the pajamas I wore last night, and decided not to leave the house ONCE today.  It's amazing how much you can get done when you force yourself to stay at home!  I paid bills, wrote thank you notes, sent emails, choose our next book for book club, vacuumed my room, purchased my ticket to go home in June, did the dishes, and read. Exciting, huh?!  Well, maybe not so much, but definitely relaxing!  

Tonight I was passing through the living room, and the television was on.  I haven't been watching too much tv lately, but saw that one of my favorite game shows was on, Deal or No Deal!  Have you seen it??  With the one and only Howie Mandel??  I think he is pretty great.  I soon found myself plopped on the couch, engrossed in the fate of this woman from the bronx.  Will she make the deal, or keep going and lose more money?  I find myself getting very passionate about the choices the contestants make on the show.  Most of them are just too greedy.  They share their story of how they have a ton of student loans, car & house loans, and how their mother raised them on welfare.  But, what do they do?  They are offered $160,000 and they turn it down for the small, VERY SMALL chance they will win the 1 million.  I don't get it.  Plus the family members there, always encourage the contestant not to settle, but to keep going.  If they had any smarts, they would encourage them to play a little more safe.  If you had the opportunity to get out of debt, and leave with more money than you started, why don't you take it??  We always want more, and are never satisfied with what's given or provided to us.   Let me just tell you how I really feel :)  As ridiculous as some contestants are, I still find myself hooked, waiting for the next case to open!  I may just need to research how I could become a contestant on the show!  Thank you Howie, and greedy Bronx woman for entertaining me tonight.  At least you went home with some money :)

My roommates and I got talking about old games shows we used to watch.  Supermarket Sweep anyone?? Hollywood Squares?  Win, Lose, or Draw? Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? The Price is Right?  I am kind of a game show nerd.  I don't watch too often, but I can see myself in 40+ years, sitting in my recliner, shouting at the contestants to do what I think is best! 



6 comments:

Kristan said...

I want that work schedule! And I was a total game show junkie growing up. During the summers I would watch the Price is Right, Pyramid, the no whammy show . . . all the time. I don't think I've really watched anything since living at home, but boy those were good summers. Swim practice, game shows, lunch and then more pool time. I want to be a kid again!

Lisa said...

Last night was seriously so fun. Deal or No Deal will never be the same!

Kristen said...

I used to love Win, Lose or Draw! That and Press Your Luck! No whammies! Thanks for this little blast from the past :)

Julie said...

Jeff and I always watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, just about every night, are we already 80? We love it! We even signed up to be contestants for Wheel of Fortune!

Kristie said...

Supermarket Sweep for sure! I have to admit, I get a little irritated that they play reruns of lets make a deal, family feud from the 70's or the newlywed game but not the classic Supermarket Sweep...it was one of my favorites!

grandma said...

I just read your blog----glsd to hear someone besides me likes game shows--every evening this is my schedule -- millionaire -wheel of fortune - jepherdy - deal or no deal and now for the summer password is on!!!!!