Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What would your memoir be titled?


For book club this month, I've been reading, Barack Obama's book, "Dreams from My Father: A story of Race and Inheritance." Overall, I've enjoyed the book, and enjoyed learning more about our current President's life experiences.  It helps give me a better understanding and insight to who he is.  

Sunday evening, Brian & I were still in Utah, and stayed at our friend's cabin in the Provo Canyon.  We took turns reading a loud Obama's book.  We though it would be funny to come up with memoir titles for each member of our family.  What can I say, we are easily entertained.  These are all kind of family inside jokes...Here's what we came up with:  

Dad:  A Giant Among Men: Reflections on the Plan of Redemption
Mom: 6 Children, 1 Coach: A Mother's Take on Sports Psychology
Lesley: Tricks of the Trade: How to Cope with Radical Children
Jared: The Professorship: Mugs. Prestige. Service
Michele: Unsung Hero: Bridging Gaps of Social Injustice
Brian: A Defining Moment: Childhood to Manhood
Stephen: Adventures in a Foreign Land: Calling on Angels
Jeff: Overcoming Standardized Tests: An Insider's Look of Gaining an Extra Few Points
Lauren: The Art of Decision Making: Preference vs Principle
Haley: Unanswered Questions: What It's Like to be Me
Natalie: It's A Hard Knox Life: Enduring Sibling Dominance
Mollie (dog): Bug: Perhaps I had a Wicked Childhood

We are so funny!  

p.s.  Inflight Trivia saved my life.  I went from SLC, to LA (waited 3 hours) to Atlanta, and finally to Baltimore.  What we will do to save a few pennies.  MRM was kicking some trash on the plane.  


8 comments:

angie said...

You guys are so cute and I am pretending that I don't know you were in Utah!!!

Lisa said...

This is hillarious! I love the memoir titles. Very creative and insightful. And, yes, inflight trivia is so much fun!

Kristen said...

Awesome idea. Mine: She Works Hard for the Money: The Life and Times of a Sugar Mama.

MishMyBelle said...

Kristen, I love it!! I am pretty jealous you are in Portland! I love it there.

lybberty said...

Ghostwrite two books about yourself by the age of 47 & I'll be really impressed.

Lesley said...

Love them! Love "Bugs"!! Jared and I were laughing pretty hard! You guys are good. I too am a fan of inflight trivia. It passes the time quite nicely. It was good to see you even if it was short! I get to see you in a couple of months! Yahoo!

cindee said...

sadly i have never done inflight trivia--perhaps this is why i'm terrible at trivia games??? i'm not sure that's the name i would of come up with for your memoir. . .but it does fit.

MishMyBelle said...

what do you suggest Cindee?

p.s. Brian came up with my memoir.