Monday, July 6, 2009

Family Time

This past week I had the opportunity to go home and visit with my family. During my lay over in Minneapolis, I received a phone call from my dad informing me of my Uncle Bob's passing. This came as a shock, as it was entirely unexpected. I was now especially grateful to be going home at this time. I had extended family travel from all over to attend the funeral services for my uncle. All of my cousins except for 2 were able to come to WA and be together. Although it was very unfortunate circumstances, I felt the power of eternal families as we gathered together to support and strengthen each other. The funeral service was a very spiritual experience for me, as my cousins, and uncle talked about their dad/brother, and the atonement of Jesus Christ. It also made me especially grateful for this wonderful family I have. It was nice to be all together and reminisce the good ole' times, and memories of my dear uncle.




Also while I was home, my brother returned from serving a two year mission in Taiwan!!! It is so fun to have him back! He loved, loved, LOVED his time in Taiwan, and grew to have a deep respect and love for the Taiwanese people. He brought back some really beautiful scrolls, and other gifts given to him by the people. His 6'5" build only made him stand out a little :) It was fun to listen to his stories, and hear him speak the language! Jeff continued to ask him if he liked rice, the entire weekend. It was pretty comical.




A lady at my dad's office taught us how to write, "Welcome Back" in Chinese. Nice work on the poster Lauren!
Other reasons that made this trip home so great: Dad & Mom hit up the coach outlet and surprised all the girls with new purses!

I got to spend some time with my old, frail dog. She is losing all of her hair, and I am not sure I will get to see her again! She was such a beauty in her younger years!
Got to watch my all-star brother play in a summer league basketball game. Look out Big 9 Conference, this is one you'll have to guard closely.
SPEND TIME WITH MY NIECES. Haley and Nat are getting so old! Haley is into reverse psychology right now, so you have to ask for everything in the opposite. "Haley, don't give me a hug." Then she comes running at you with open arms. Kind of cute, kind of annoying :) Natalie is the most precious thing in the world. I couldn't stop kissing that little girl. She is seriously the happiest baby. Nat is so close to walking! I was hoping she would take her first few steps while I was there, but no such luck.

5 comments:

angie said...

It was so fun to see you Michele and spend some time together!

Mamamia said...

Michele, I found it a bit alarming to see you so "connected" with Molly- distance makes the heart grow fonder. I wish I could have been there. Despite the unfortunate circumstances, I imagine everyone enjoyed family time. P.S. I miss Boo

maWeesa said...

looks like a fun trip!! good times with the fam

Adi said...

YAY a face to the name of your long lost brother! sounds like a great trip!

cindee said...

i'm so glad you had a good time and got some good quality bonding in!!! love the purse! tell your dad he can buy me one anytime.