Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Heart NYC!


I was missing NYC this summer. Fortunately, I am only a short distance from the big apple. I get so giddy every time I come out of the Lincoln tunnel! A couple weekends ago I jumped on the Bolt Bus to go visit my favorite friend in NYC! Let me take a brief moment to describe how much I love the bolt bus. It is 10 times better than any other bus I've taken from DC to NYC. The bus left on time, had wireless access, it was clean, there was plenty of room, normal people rode this bus, we went straight to the city without stopping, and the seats were comfortable. Does it get much better than that? I think not! Okay, I am done going off about the bus. It was a bonus to have my other favorite friend visiting from Arizona for the weekend. Here we are walking the streets of NYC!
It wouldn't be a complete NYC experience without a stop for purses in China town. Karen & I were determined to find a summer purse or two :) After much sneaking around through back doors, and following anxious Chinese men with walkie talkies, who were ultra paranoid about getting caught by the cops, victory prevailed! What do you think?

It wouldn't be a weekend in NYC without brunch with my girls! I miss this so much!
It also wouldn't be a weekend in NYC without this delightful piece of corn on the cob from Cafe Habana. DELICIOUS. It doesn't get much better than this. I will continue to recommend this dive of a place to all who visit NYC. The best Cuban food around!

After our tummies are full, we shop. We headed to the British chain clothing store, Topshop. As you can see, the clothing was amazing. We found some great ones. So great that we had to capture these outfits.

In case you didn't get the full scope of this acid jean jump suit...please see below. Yes, I am wearing a body suit underneath.
Finally, we dined at Patsy's with some old NYC friends. I recognize a good portion of this post is dedicated to various restaurants in the city. What can I say, I like me some tasty food!


Thanks so much Mel, Davis & Lyla for a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

cindee said...

that's quite the outfit michele. you might want to consider wearing that on your next hot date!!!

nerak said...

food, friends, and shopping. and ryan reynolds. amazingness. let's do it again.