Sunday, July 19, 2009

God Bless the USA!

So I am a little behind. I haven't been super motivated lately to take the time to blog. I headed to Philadelphia, PA this year to experience, yet another patriotic Independence day. We started our weekend trip with a Philly food tour. We tasted some original philly cheese steak sandwiches, pretzels, chocolate covered pretzels, tomato pie, and some yummy cookies from Reading Terminal Market! I kind of struggled with my tomato pie. I kept dropping it on my plate...so pathetic!

We toured Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross Home, Benjamin Franklin's grave, Reading Terminal Market, monopoly park, ran to the rocky steps with Erika Saturday morning, Lincoln exhibits, Penn's Landing, and Logan Circle. It was definitely an eventful weekend. Although it felt like all I did the entire trip was eat philly cheese steak sandwiches, at least we got plenty of exercise!!

please note the sick tattoo on my arm. I thought I would join all of the nine-year-olds and wear a patriotic tattoo all day. classy.

It wouldn't be the 4th of July without some kind of musical number! Melissa and I decided to do a little performance to, "Your A Grand Old Flag". Please note our very patriotic outfits!



Love these girls!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Cute pictures! Fun time in Philly! Love the tatoo! Was that tomato pie good?!

nici said...

Mich, I think you get more adorable by the day.