Friday, March 2, 2007

Crazy Morning

My commute to work usually takes me 40 minutes. Today it took me 2 hours and 15 minutes. You ask why? It was raining outside and the subway tracks fill with water. I walked from 110th Street to 96th Street. Waited for 20 minutes to get on the train. Got on the train. Met a nice man, whom I chatted with the entire way. Eventually made it to 14th Street, when the train conductor made an announcement apologizing for the delays informing us that they were unsure if the trains would continue running downtown. Ahhhh! So my new friend and I decided to walk from 14th Street to Franklin (about a 25 minute walk). Mind you it's raining outside. Fortunately for me I had an umbrella. Anyway, it is a 11:30am and I am going to attempt to be productive for the rest of my day!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I my word! That is a crazy morning! I am so sorry! I am glad that you made it to work though and am happy for you that you have a short work day! :) I hope you don't have a difficult time getting home! Have a great weekend!

NatAttack said...

Yack! Sounds like ya'll are having the same weather we are! In great error, I wore canvas Vans today. MISTAKE! I just got lunch and am wet and freezing. Crazy rain!

angie said...

Were you wearing good shoes?? Pete walked all over Chicago and in bad weather (snow and rain)he would come home with wet feet. I'm glad you had an umbrella and hey, you made a friend! (hope that never happens again)