Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Michele's Craving for the Day


It is a BEAUTIFUL day in New York City! Michele is one happy camper. I am hoping the spring weather continues. Unfortunately I have spent the majority of the day in my apartment doing school work. Boo! For lunch, I was craving some sort of smoothie, maybe a Berry Lime Sublime from Jamba Juice. Then I remembered Rita's Water Ice...the best thing that's happened to the east coast! I then started craving my usual order, a Gelati made by layering either vanilla, chocolate or twist (both vanilla and chocolate) custard, together with any flavor water ice, with an extra swirl of custard on the top. I was a fan of the Blueberry, Wild Berry Mix. Rita's brings me back to my days as an intern in DC. A group of my girlfriends decided to take a road trip to Palmyra one weekend to see the church history sites and Niagara Falls. As we were driving along, one of the girls sighted a Rita's. Natalie, our driver, slammed on the breaks and nearly got us in a car accident. Fortunately we safely arrived to Rita's and everyone was happy. I haven't seen a Rita's in New York...but I think I need to find the closest one...I mean I travel to Hackensack, NJ for Cheesecake Factory, why not travel for Rita's?!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Rita's looks so good! I need to try that! Anything that involves ice cream, I know I would love! I hope you find one soon! I guess you'll at least get it this summer in DC!!!

D-dawg said...

ooooh that sounds yummy!

Krista said...

oh no, you started speaking in the third person, pull it together mish, pull it together.

Kiersten said...

Oh the memories--do you remember Katie screaming out "You promised!!!" one of the funniest things ever! I miss you!