Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!"

I haven't been in the mood to blog lately. My apologies for a non-exciting blog. I will work on that!

Anyway, this weekend I traveled to NYC and met up with my girls! What a fabulous weekend I had. The trip started off right, as a sexy, 2nd year John Hopkins med school student sat next to me. Fortunately we chatted almost half the time, which made the bus ride much more bearable!

It was wonderful being in the city again. It was my first time back since I moved. I was reminded of all the fun things to do in the city. Most of all, I enjoyed spending time with my girlfriends. I seriously love these girls. It's amazing how comfortable and natural it felt to be there visiting. I love friendships that allow you to pick right back up where you left off. Pretty much we did what New Yorker's do best: shop and eat. We started the Saturday off with brunch in Tribeca, at a quaint little place called Bubby's. I got my usual brunch order of french toast. Mel, Karen and I walked around a street fair in Little Italy Saturday afternoon. It was such a nice day to be walking around the city. I do miss all the walking I used to do. Later that evening we went dancing, out to dinner, and of course ended our nights with Tim Riggins. It's almost spiritual for us; I think Mel was even crying in one of the episodes :) Can't wait for season 2 to begin!

Thanks girls for a fun weekend! The weekend couldn't have been any better (except for a BYU victory, of course).







Mel was just a little cold standing outside, waiting to go into the club!

7 comments:

Lesley said...

Cute pictures Michele! I am glad that you were able to go back and visit! Looks like a fun weekend. I love NYC and DC and need to come visit again badly! So about this John Hopkins med student..... :)

nerak said...

I agree, it was normal to have you here. So now life is back to not normal? Hmmm. We'll have to continue the NYC - DC exchange to pursue normalcy.

Lisa said...

I am so glad you had such a good weekend...so glad in fact that I have decided to forgive you for not getting that guy's phone number.

Tracy and Odie said...

hey now wait a second...what's this about a john hopkins med student? just because i left the ward doesn't mean you can exclude a sista from details...

sad that we only saw each other at church, but still glad that we did :)

i'm going back up end of october if you want to come...love,tracy.

D-dawg said...

Michele, you are living the life! I am jealous of your weekend in the city, how fun!!!

Kristan said...

I'm so glad you came! It was a blast seeing you - hurry back

NatAttack said...

Can I come next time?