Friday, September 7, 2007

TGIF



My Friday night was quite enjoyable. My plan initially was to attend the Orioles vs Red Sox game at Camden Yards, but the game sold out. Instead a group of us went out for pizza, bowling, and then milkshakes. Sometimes you got to splurge...right?! For all of you locals, I highly recommend Silver Diner for a yummy Oreo malt! Much of our conversation at the diner was dedicated to reminiscing old tv shows and remember their theme songs. I must admit, I was pretty pleased with my performance in this game. We discussed old favorites such as Family Ties, Full House, Save by the Bell, macgyver, Perfect Strangers, Boy Meets World, Family Matters, Hanging with Mr. Cooper, Step by Step, Who's the Boss, Growing Pains, Just the ten of us, Doogie Howser, MD, Coach, Wonder Years, Life Goes On, etc., etc. I was obsessed with TGIF as a child. I faithfully watched every Friday with family and friends, and can remember planning my evenings around these four shows.

The group was pretty good about remember theme songs, however we did get stumped on Perfect Strangers. Remember Balki Bartokomous?? And how he was from some fiction greek country?! Thank goodness for the internet and YouTube! Anyway enjoy these segments of our youth! What were your favorite staple tv shows growing up?!





7 comments:

Lesley said...

Okay, so basically I blared the song to Perfect Strangers and was singing it at the top of my lungs! I loved this post! Good times! Good ole Balki! I am sorry that the game was sold out but it sounds like you had a fun time anyway! I want that oreo malt!

D-dawg said...

Ok I loved wonder years and family ties....... but Balki annoys me so bad! Although I do love the theme song... it is a catchy little tune... in fact I think Les and I used to sing that when we were roomies.

Lisa said...

Congrats on representing during the theme song game. I too was a fan of TGIF and was always secretly glad when I was stuck babysitting on a Friday night because it gave me an excuse to watch all those shows! Now if you are stuck home watching TV on a Friday night you are left with lame shows like "Friday Night Lights"...whats up with that!? ;)

Kristan said...

I loved sleepovers and TGIF! These shows date me a little thought, I was a Full House, Boy Meets World, Family Matters and if we were lucky we could stay up for Step-by-Step! Love it!

Oh, and I'm choosing to ignore Lisa's comment.

cindee said...

remember zach from saved by the bell? he was my boyfriend! and i think carlton from fresh prince would have been yours michele! and lisa of course got doogie howser, m.d.

kez said...

Oh...I loved TGIF!!!

I'm SO excited to see you this weekend!

Meredith said...

michele...you are too funny. your blog is such a delightful mix of your life experiences and your thoughts. i have been wondering for some time about the title of your blog? what does it mean? also, i love all the references to the 80's, what a great decade!!