Monday, September 3, 2007

Girls Camp 2007

Oh wait, there were boys there too. This weekend I attended my ward retreat at camp greentop. It was gorgeous weather and a beautiful camp ground. Overall, I am glad that I went to the retreat that was intended to change my life forever. A few reasons why camp greentop brought me back to my girls camp days:

A. girl talk in the cabins
B. team building games which consisted of "red rover" and the "human knot" (luckily my cabin slept in and skipped breakfast and the majority of the team building games).
C. A "what to bring" list handed out before the big trip. Don't forget your sanitary napkins girls!
D. testimony meeting on Sunday. I will just leave it at that.
E. the standard skit night consisting of lip sync dances and a human puppet show.

The ride up was a blast! Although the campground was only an hour and a half away, we made sure to have the necessary road trip snacks: cookies, licorice, and sour patch kids. The decided theme song of the weekend was the Britney Spears Megamix. The boys were really getting into this one :)



Here are a few shots from our weekend in the woods:






Saturday we had some free time and escaped to the lake.


Who said you couldn't look fabulous in the woods (after not showering the entire weekend!)???

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Looks like a good time! I can't handle the Britney Spears! That is so funny! I love that dress Michele! SO cute! What you listed is totally girls camp!

Lisa said...

Boys? There were boys at this camp? Hm. Regardless it was a good time and you can never go wrong rockin' out in a packed car to a good remix of B. Spears. I am glad you made it out for a good game of red rover.

angie said...

Fun fun! I love girls camp!!

cindee said...

i'm so glad you brought sexy back to camp greentop!!!!!!

kez said...

Looks like so much fun :)
But it's not really girls camp unless someone's bra is strung up on the flag poll.

Meredith said...

can i just say i LOVE girl's camp? and if i went to girl's camp with you, i would love it even more!!

Kristen said...

Rosie! ("Evelyn" should be running through your head about now). I've joined the ranks of the bloggers and I was so happy to find you! You look so good! And I'm jealous of your life!

xoxox

MishMyBelle said...

Kristen!! So glad you've joined the blogger community. I found your blog and you look GREAT! Do you allow reader's to comment on your blog?! "It must be....popcorn!"