Thursday, August 30, 2007

And the 8's continue

I enjoyed reading Nat's blog and thought I would join her in her list of 8's!

8 Things I'm Passionate About

1. My dear family
2. BYU football and athletics
3. Respecting myself and others
4. Exercising my faith in God
5. BASKETBALL
6. Aspiring to the person I want to become
7. Ice cream, cherry coke, Cheesecake Factory
8. Finding joy in the simple, every day routine of life.


8 Things I want to do before I die

1. Meet in the Manti temple with my entire family
2. Attend EVERY (home and away) BYU football game in a season
3. perfect my piano skills so that I can sit down and play what I want
4. the husband and children thing
5. decorate my own home
6. read the entire Old Testament
7. adopt a child
8. make a small difference in the lives of my clients


8 Things I say often

1. "Basically..."
2. "I secretly..."
3. "Promise?"
4. "It's about bloody time!"
5. My list of "A...B...C.."
6. "Done and Done." (Nat, I must have picked that up from you!)
7. "Seriously?"
8. "Are you kidding me?"

8 Books I've read recently

1. Anatomy of Peace, Arbinger Institute
2. Believing Christ, Stephen Robinson
3. Letters for Emily, Camron Wright
4. The curious incident of the dog in the night-time, Mark Haddon
5. A Mormon in the White House?, Hugh Hewitt
6. Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis
7. Into The Wild, Jon Krakauer
8. The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Mitch Albom

8 Books I WANT to read in the very near future

1. The Biography of Gordon B. Hinckley
2. The Brethren, John Grisham
3. A Prayer for Owen Meany, John Irving
4. Peace Like A River, Leif Enger (half way through!!)
5. Into Thin Air, Jon Krakauer
6. The End of Poverty, Jeffrey D. Sachs
7. Crossing to Safety, Wallace Stegnar
8. Joseph Smith:Rough Stone Rolling, Richard Bushman


8 Songs I could listen to OVER AND OVER

1. "Free Fallin'" -Tom Petty
2. "A Little Respect"-Erasure
3. "We Close Our Eyes"-Oingo Boingo
4."Like A Prayer"-Madonna
5."You Can Call Me Al"-Paul Simon
6. "Gold Digger"- Kayne West (edited of course)
7. "Don't Stop Believing"-Journey
8. "Hey Jude"-the Beatles

8 Things that attract me to my best friends

1. happy with who they are
2. ambitious
3. loyal and true
4. willing to bust a dance move with me
5. recognize the good in others
6. down for a good time
7. enjoy eating and don't mind eating in front of people
8. shared love for God

8 Things I've learned in the last year

1. The importance of exercising faith
2. be willing to accept charity gracefully, then pay it forward
3. Living in NYC was not good for my diet or pocket book
4. friends can become your family away from home
5. "be swift to hear, slow to speak..." (James 1: 19)
6. a greater understanding of God's love for me
7. Affirmation that I don't want to be single forever
8. PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!

To keep the trend going...

8 People I think should do "8"
1. Lesley
2. Karen
3. Kristan
4. Lisa
5. Amber
6. Kez
7. Charlee
8. Tracy

5 comments:

NatAttack said...

Yes! The first of my tags to respond. I like reading these things--nothing here really surprises me!

XOXO.

Lisa said...

So maybe you forgot to list something that you always say...

MishMyBelle said...

Lisa, good call!

kez said...

I'm posting mine right now!

Lesley said...

How fun! I liked reading that! I will have to do that! I never know what to blog about except for my daughter, so this will give me something different to blog about! :)