Thursday, August 23, 2007

Why Do I live on the East Coast?

This week has been kind of rainy and cold, which doesn't help the fact that I am feeling a little homesick. I hate missing out on family gatherings/parties, especially when everyone is there, but me. For instance, Stephen's farewell, Kyle's Wedding, Haley's first steps, etc, etc. It was great to go home for a couple of weeks in May. It is already almost September and I am feeling the need to see the family again. This much I know, I cannot wait until Christmas. I know my limits and 7 months is definitely past my limit. I am trying to talk the family into meeting in SLC for conference weekend in October! If not family, you will just have to come to me! Fortunately we all have cell phones. I think it is kind of funny actually. I haven't started my job yet, so my family calls me during the day. My mom calls every morning on her way to work. I very much anticipate this phone call. Brian would call me while he was working out on the farm. Dad and Lesley are very good about checking in as well! I think what it boils down to, is that I am very ready to start work. I need routine and structure in my life, and am excited to be a working woman. In a few months, I am sure I will look back at all this down time I've had and wish I could go back. Family, you know how much I love visitors, and I promise to show you a good time in DC! Start checking flights!!




6 comments:

Lisa said...

As Michele's roommate let me just say that there is an open invitation to the Mickeleson family! And Michele...you are fantastic! I love that you are home when I get home from work...I will miss that when you are a working woman!

D-dawg said...

Michele, I remember getting so homesick sometimes too! I hope you guys can meet for conference!

Lesley said...

I am dying to come out there! I don't know for sure when we will come yet, but you can count the Huff family in! :) Thanks Lisa for the invite! You are so nice! We miss you Michele and are counting down the days until Christmas! WHOOOOO! Party! I too, hope you get to meet up with mom and dad at conference!

maWeesa said...

you know i wonder the same thing honey :)

janellelee said...

bring the party to the west coast! i am going to rally everyone back here ie: jen & ron, amy and riley, dickmans...ect...
cute pictures of the fam!

Meredith said...

what is the new job?? i'm glad you are going to be joining the ranks of the working women, but i also hope it's a super fun job that you LOVE!!