Monday, August 13, 2007

I love visitors!!

Saturday could not have been more perfect! The weather in DC was amazing. It actually reminded me of a nice summer day on the west coast. Believe it or not, the evening cooled down and the humidity was nonexistent. My friend's Bryndee and Julie came down for a quick visit...and I loved it! Bryndee and I had a VERY relaxing day. We slept in, made waffles, went to the pool for a few hours, took a nap, got pedicures, went out for dinner, and shopped a little. Could the day of been ANY better?! I think not. Sunday Erika and I went out to the Washington DC Temple. I love that temple. The grounds are beautiful. They are currently showing the Joseph Smith movie in the Visitor's Center. I was grateful for the opportunity to watch the movie again and reflect on the great faith of the Saints. They were continuously kicked out of the places they settled and had to leave everything behind. But, they kept going and exercised great faith. I am grateful for the principle of faith. It truly does shape character and bring us closer to our Savior.



6 comments:

maWeesa said...

YOU LOOK SO CUTE IN THESE PICS AND SKINNY!!! I need to get on that bandwagon. I can't wait to be your visitor.

maWeesa said...

AND.. i feel like erica has taken my place in all of your new photos.. I'm not sure i like her :)

Lesley said...

You do look so cute and skinny in all of these pictures! WOW! Looks like you had a great weekend with Bryndee and the Washington DC temple is so pretty! How fun to go and walk around the grounds and see the Joseph Smith movie! I was hoping to see a pic of you in your new skirt! Maybe next time! hint hint! :)

NatAttack said...

Wow, I need to be a visitor. One of these days... XOXO!

angie said...

The temple is so pretty! You look so cute too Michele- I love your skirt.

kez said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend! Seems life's treating you pretty well down there in DC :)