Friday, August 10, 2007

Let the Countdown Begin!

Guess what happens in exactly 4 weeks from tomorrow?!

Michele starts her new job! (let's hope and pray it is sooner than that) but nope, try again.

Michele gets to fly home and visit her family because that's all she can think about right now....

September 1 is the 244th day of the year (245th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar...

First day of Spring in Australia and New Zealand...

National R.A.K. (Random Act of Kindness) Day in New Zealand...

Celebrate Tim Hardaway and Gloria Estefan's birthday...

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO...

BYU FOOTBALL SEASON BEGINS!!! RISE AND SHOUT THE COUGARS ARE OUT...WE'RE ON THE TRAIL TO FAME AND GLORY!!!!!!! BYU PLAYS ARIZONA, AND THE GAME IS ACTUALLY TELEVISED ON TV!

I am kind of in a dilemma, however. I signed up to participate in my ward's retreat. According to a great guy at institute, "It is a life changing experience!" I wouldn't want to miss out on that now, would I?! It is about an hour away from where I live. My options are as follows:

a. skip the ward retreat to watch the game

b. leave early Saturday morning to go home and watch the game, and then return Saturday night

C. See if there is anyway to watch the game in the woods

D. Miss one of the ONLY televised BYU games

I have already eliminated option D. What should I do? Will it be EFY fun or BYU football????

10 comments:

Lesley said...

Definetly NOT option D!!!!! Gotta watch em' while you can! Looks like you will have to make a couple of trips up and back! GO COUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

While I am not endorsing BYU football...I will voice my support of you attending the life changing ward retreat, but if push comes to shove and the only way I can get out of going to the ward retreat is watching a BYU football game with you then I guess that is what I will have to do. It's all about sacrifice, my friend.

Lisa said...

Just one more thing...I noticed that this year is your lucky year...BYU doesn't play powerhouse Utah State...good thing. ;)

nerak said...

I wish I had even a quarter of your enthusiasm for BYU football... but I don't. But I'm excited for you nonetheless!!

cindee said...

you will miss out on your eternal salvation by not going to the ward retreat. . . i will pray for your soul that you might make the right decision

Kiersten said...

We're canceling our trip to Moab so that we can be at the game, so I think you know what my answer would be!

devin said...

Michele!
It's your cousin Dev. Anyway, I check out your blog occasionally to see how you are doing and just wanted to say hi. I missed you at Kyle's wedding and wished we could have hung out, but it was so good to see your dad and mom. It sounds like you are doing awesome though and I hope to see you soon. I also love when you blog about the cougs! I could not be more excited for football season to start! Go cougars! Anyway, good luck with the job and take care!

MishMyBelle said...

Dev!!

So good to hear from you. I am sad I didn't get to go to the wedding, but I hear it was wonderful! You and Kim should come out here and visit! I love DC. Brian told me you guys are going to have an intramural basketball team. I love the family teams! Brian and I were reminiscing today on how competitive our family gets when playing sports...i love it! Miss you Dev!

Jared said...

Miss the Cougars???!!! You're kidding right? Ok, so maybe there are more important things in life than watching BYU football, but right now I'm having a hard time figuring out what those are.

matt said...

screw the retreat. sell your soul to see the game.