Thursday, April 5, 2007

Bad habits

Since living in New York I have picked up a few eating habits that probably aren't the best for me:
1. yogurt covered pretzels....love them and can't get enough!
2. Rice Krispie treats from Starbucks. (only$1.95)
3. Plan bagel, plain cream cheese, lightly toasted...I am such a New Yorker!
4. PIZZA (the cheapest meal in Manhattan)
5. Toffee Nut steamer (low-fat milk) from Starbucks...helped me survive this bitter cold winter!
6. Panini's
7. Dale & Thomas popcorn...chocolate chunk is the best kind.
8. pita and hummus
9. cherry coke (needs to be with grenadine)
10. pepper jack cheese
11. wings
12. Okay I think this is enough...as you can see, the list isn't a very healthy list. As the summer months approach, I am really needing some discipline in my life. I will say, it is hard to eat healthy in this city. Food at the grocery stores are outrageously priced, and who wants to make a meal for 1? I was informed that family pictures will be taken in June. We all know what this means!!!

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Yummy! That food sounds so good to me right now! I am hungary! I know, I need to start having a little discipline in my life as well, especially since we will be having family pics soon. At least you are running a half marathon and have been working it all off!

D-dawg said...

I also love food and have "not so good" eating habits. Your list sounds delicious!! It's hard to be disciplined. My parents are doing this all natural cleansing type diet thing with nutrient drinks etc. You should ask them about it. I think Ang is going to do it too.... right Ang? That's what mom said. They think it's great. Anyway, I'm glad you guys get to take a family picture. We need one so bad but unfortunatley Dustin is leaving 3 weeks before Brett gets home so we won't all be together for 2 more years. So sad.

janellelee said...

oh, wow...i think 8 of those are on my bad habits list as well! i will admit one that has been a dirty little secret for me, slim jims...isnt that disgusting???!!!

grandma said...

my goodness -- we drank cherry cokes way back in my time!! If you live in NY you HAVE to eat their food!!! its a law!

MishMyBelle said...

Thanks for your support grandma! You must try everything this city has to offer, including the food!

Lauren said...

i love hummus and pita!