Thursday, April 12, 2007

Fun at the Opera House

My days in NYC are coming to an end. Sad, but true. If you remember, I presented a "To Do" list in a previous post. Attending Phantom of the Opera was #5 on my list. So thank you Karen for being my date! The last time I saw this play was when I was 10 years old. The only thing I could remember was the amazing chandelier that came down at the beginning of the play. I grew up loving the music. It was either Lesley playing the piano and me pretending to be Christine with my opera-like voice, or dad blaring it on the stereo system. Can I just say that the music is truly amazing, brilliant! The play itself is quite interesting...a very unique story, but the music is on the top of my Broadway musical list. I occasionally complain that the city is too overwhelming, and stressful, etc. It is nights like this where I love being a New Yorker. After the show Karen and I took some fun pics in Time Square and ended the night right with some Cold Stone ice cream.







7 comments:

maWeesa said...

you girls look so sexy in these pics... i'm glad you enjoyed the phantom.. it's a goodie....

Liz said...

hey, we're coming down this weekend...where do you live?

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I agree, I love the music! I need to see that one again. It's been a long time! You two look great and it looked like a lot of fun! Way to top off the evening with some cold stone! Good luck with your marathon this weekend!

nerak said...

Hey honey, I'd be your date any day of the week! ;)

D-dawg said...

Fun pictures. I love The Phantom of the Opera. I've seen it a few times and each time I understood it better. Then I saw the movie that came out a few years back... did you see it? I loved it.

angie said...

Whoo hoo!~ I am glad you can cross it off your list!

grandma said...

you have such neat memories of NY