Friday, April 27, 2007

Election 08'

I admit, I get pretty into presidential elections and like to educate myself on all the candidates. I am currently reading, A Mormon in the White House? written by Hugh Hewitt. Mitt Romney, former governor of Massachusetts, former SLC Olympics leader, and one of the country's most successful entrepreneurs has entered the race. As a member of the LDS church, I am curious to see how much religion plays a factor in Mitt's quest for the White House. Hewitt, the author of this book, is not a member of the LDS church. The book outlines ten things every American should know about Mitt Romney. I stayed up until 1:30am reading the last couple of nights, and am feeling a little tired tonight. My Friday night may be pretty low key. I kind of want to just stay home and read my book. I love when I start reading a book and can't put it down. I was walking home from the subway reading, when I ran into my friend's husband. He teased me and told me to watch where I was going. So I was an ultra nerd walking down the street, reading my book. My good friend Natalie is visiting from Boston and gets here soon! I may just have to put the book on hold for the weekend! I am starting to compile my summer reading list. It will be nice to read something other then social work-related text books. What am I saying...as if I overworked myself and read everything I was assigned?! Yeah right. Maybe my next book to read will be Barack Obama: Working to Make a Difference. I strongly believe it is our responsibility to learn and educate ourselves about the future leaders of our country and what they stand for!



4 comments:

Liz said...

good job, michele. i have been paying attention this year a lot more than normal. it is very interesting...i think i should pick up that book, also.

nerak said...

You almost inspire me to care about American politics. But since I don't even follow Canadian politics, I don't think there's much hope... Maybe the mormon card will finally draw me in. But I am proud of you, honey!

D-dawg said...

I agree with you about trying to be educated on the candidates who are running. It will be interesting to see what happens with Mitt.

Lesley said...

Good job Michele on educating yourself! I too think that it is important and should be better about that! You'll have to tell me about that book! I'll have to read it!