Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Guilty Pleasure

One of my favorite childhood movies is the hit show, Troop Beverly Hills. Yes, the movie with Shelley Long, and Coach. Jenny Lewis even plays Hannah Nefler! I've been a You Tube junkie lately and have spent way too much time watching videos. I came across this video and it put a smile on my face. I remember when I was younger, I wanted so badly to be one of these girls, dancing, and selling cookies. I never did have the opportunity to be a wilderness girl. I have the entire movie memorized...not sure why I am admitting this. Some of my favorite lines include:

Rosa: Patches? We don't need no stinkin patches.
Jasmine Shakar: Excuse me officer, don't you know who this man is...
Cheech Marin: Annie Herman, boy yoy yoyng...wanna wrestle... Are you related to Pee Wee?
Freddy: If you contributed anymore to this marriage, we would be on welfare.
Phyllis: I may be a beginner at some things, but I've got a black belt in shopping!
Troop: We're the girls from Beverly Hills, shopping is our greatest thrill..5, 6, 7, 8!
Phyllis: He permed me!!
Chica Barnfell: Can we just quit now? Phyllis: Not until we sing Kumbaya!
Room service boy: "Aliento de perro!" (Spanish for, "dog breath.")
Velda: Isle 13...COOKIES!
Tessa DiBlasio: Wilderness girls don't bluff!

Alright enough already! I can't believe I am dedicating an entire blog entry to Troop Beverly Hills. My favorite part of the movie is when the girls put their heads together to raise money for the annual jamboree! Enjoy!




Trivia: When Velda and Annie go into the Beverly Hills Hotel, two joggers pass by. Who are they? What famous Beach Boy song is playing as the movie starts?

6 comments:

kez said...

Oh my goodness, I think I'm going to make this my moto or something:
Phyllis: I may be a beginner at some things, but I've got a black belt in shopping!
Classic!

nerak said...

Michele, this has totally made my day! I have been giggling sporadically at my cubicle. Can we watch it sometime soon?

Obviously we were meant to be friends b/c I don't know how many times I have seen this movie. I actually remember reciting it (beginning to somewhere in the middle when my brothers were about ready to kill me) while weeding in the garden back in the day. How pathetic am I. So I have some quotes to add.

Phyllis: Her recommendations for a campsite were totally unsuitable. There were no outlets. And there was dirt, and bugs, and... and it rains there. So anyway, we've found a place that's much more us: the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Annie: You can't put wine in Hobo stew!
Phyllis: Why not? What goes better with Hobos than wine?

And can I just say squirrel meat...

nerak said...

Oh and the two joggers: Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello!

MishMyBelle said...

Nice work Karen! We really were meant to be friends.

Velda: Leo, I was in labor with you for 17 hours!!!

D-dawg said...

I also loved this movie when I was young and re-watching this little scene is too hilarious!

Lesley said...

Nefler, Bungalow 4!!! Excuse me officer, don't you know who this man is? This is the man who put the space betwixt his teeth, the man who knocked the hat off Hadler's head, he's the best, he's the greatest, he's my dad, James the Jackhammer Shaqu (?), now daddy, shake the man's hand and let's be on our way!!! I love this movie!!!!! I need to rent it! Good memories Michele!!!! Love it!