Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Go Jazz Go!

I miss him...
Perhaps him a little more...

However, I remain a Jazz fan. No, I am not a Jazz fan because they play in the Mormon state. My love for the Jazz began because I respect fundamental basketball. I loved watching Stockton, Malone, Hornacek, Russell, and even Eisley had his good moments. Stockton and I also share Washington pride. Stockton played for his hometown university, the Gonzaga Bulldogs. Stockton was the first player in Gonzaga history to score 1,000 points and also collect 500 assists. John Stockton was selected by the Jazz in the 1984 draft. And the rest is history. Steve Nash (another favorite of mine) said this about John, "He is the best point guard of all-time". Enough about the old team, and on with the current team! The beginning of the playoffs was a little rough on the Jazz. With game 3, and 4 victories we are back in the playoffs and need a WIN on Thursday night. I know my grandparents will be listening to the game on the radio, because they don't have cable. My grandma WILL NOT miss a chance to root for her Kirilenko. I never have been a huge fan of the Rockets....EVER! Get em' out of the playoffs! Good luck on Thursday night!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Yeah Jazz! I hope they win! They need this one! I too, am a Jazz fan, and a Suns fan so I sure hope they can do this!

slink said...

How funny that you found a picture of Bryon Russell dunking on Bradley. Who hasn't postarized that sorry sack? Ha! BYU athletes seriously suck.

MishMyBelle said...

Steve Young, Robbie Bosco, Jim McMahon, Ty Detmer, Danny Ainge, the list could go on. Pretty sure we've had some good athletes come from our institution.

Scrapbooks by Amanda said...

Stumbled onto your blog today and was pleasantly surprised to see a fellow Jazz fan! GO JAZZ! I definately miss Bryon Russell and Stockton, but I am enjoying watching AK-47, and Boozer. My husband is a big fan of Matt Harpring. GO JAZZ!